Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Song: Jesus Of Suburbia by Green Day

~Track 11 on 'Songs That I Dance To In my Boxers' (made by Alex)

Webster

They didn't say anything on the way to her house. She was pretty sure you could still see her blush in the moonlight. It made her feel stupid.

He dropped her to her home and as she wheeled into her bedroom, her whole body felt like it was on Cloud Nine. She was still tried, but she knew she wouldn't be able to sleep. The inner teenage girl in her was still giddy from the kiss, so instead of going to sleep, she popped Alex's latest playlist 'Soppy Songs For Sentimental Saps' on.

He had put One Direction on it.

Just for her.

Alex

It took him a while to figure out how to get over Webster's big ass fence, and when he finally devised some sort of strategy to get over it, he knew that the whole episode was not going to end well.

He started to climb the vines that wrapped around the fence, cursing to himself quietly for wearing his skinny american flag jeans today. But he really liked those damn jeans, no matter how much Jack told him that he looked like a 'douche bag' in them.

When he reached the top of the fence, he felt a wave of pride wash over him.

Only one problem though.

How the fuck was he supposed to get back down? The fence was at least ten feet off the ground. He felt like such a pussy. Just jump you idiot. There's grass down there and all.

He flicked his eyes over to Webster's bedroom window. The curtains were drawn, but the lights were still on. The thoughts of Webster inside and the warmth of her was enough to make up his mind.

He jumped off the fence without a second thought, and tumbled on to the grass, unfortunately scraping his arm off a thorn bush on the way down. Muttering profanities under his breath, he brushed himself off and started to jog over to the wheelchair girl's window.

He laughed as he heard the unmistakable sound of 'Welcome To Paradise' by Green Day floating through her window. He tapped on her window, and almost immediately the music stopped.

Webster

She paused Green Day, just to be sure.

Yes, there was someone tapping on her window.

She grabbed the fork off the plate that her late night noodles had been on, then cautiously wheeled towards her window.

She probably looked stupid.

Of course she did.

She always a looked stupid.

Maybe I'll open them on the count of three.

She took a deep breath.

One.

Two

Three!

Swish!

She drew back the curtain and raised her fork, but it wasn't a mass murder standing outside her window.

It was Alex.

He waved at her, and motioned for her to open the window. His arm was had a small cut on it and it was bleeding, his American flag jeans (God, did that man own any other pair of jeans?) were a little torn at the knees, and his hair was sticking up everywhere, like he had walked through a bush backwards.