Chapter Three

Chapter Song: You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift

~Track 15 on 'Songs Not To Show Alex' (made by Webster)

Webster

Her day went from being really good to really shitty in the space of an hour. It was like Alex had completely forgotten that she was there, which meant that she was stuck talking to Jack, who was obsessed with talking about the movie Home Alone and sex. But it wasn't that she didn't like Jack, or his company, it was just hard to concentrate when the people opposite you are ready to get it on.

Finally, she couldn't take it anymore.

"IT'S GETTING LATE. I BETTER HEAD HOME." she typed as she started to wheel towards the hall.

"But you can't leave! Please don't leave me alone with these two!" Jack whined as he chased after her.

"MY MAM WORRIES IF I'M NOT HOME EARLY."

He sighed and then threw on a jacket.

"Well, I'm walking you home then. The sexual tension in this room is making me feel awkward." he huffed.

"Alex! I'm dropping Webster home!" he yelled over his shoulder.

No one replied, there was only a giggle from Lorraine which made Webster want to throw up, and by the looks of it, Jack did too.

"Come on, let's go before they start taking off their clothes." he grumbled as he took her wheelchair handles in his hands and started to push.

They made small talk on the way home, and when they got to her house, Jack gave her a crooked smile.

"You know, Alex was right about you. You're pretty damn cool to hang out with." he said, as he leaned against the porch.

She blushed, not sure what to say.

"If you're ever bored, well, call me. I'm always around." he said quietly, then he walked off just as her mam answered the door.

As she wheeled into the house, her head was spinning like crazy. She even wheeled into the coffee table and knocked over the lamp.

Alex

When he woke up, Lorraine was gone, which would explain why the other side of the bed was cold and empty.

He glanced over at his alarm clock and smiled. It was ten. That meant the record shop was open. He jumped out of bed and grabbed his keys, and started to head outside.

Webster's name swirled in his head, making him feel excited. He had made another CD for her after Lorraine fell asleep. It was a Blink-182 one this time, due to the fact that she only knew one song.

He started to unlock his car and was about to get in when a lady walking by screamed and dropped her groceries.

"Uhmm...Sir!" she squeaked as she stared at him wide-eyed.

"What? What's up?" he asked, confused.

"Sir...y-you're not wearing any pants!"

He dropped his head to his legs and saw that he was still in his briefs.

"Shit." he mumbled, colour filling his cheeks.

"Uhmm....thanks for reminding me." he said awkardly as he nodded at the lady.

She stared at him like he should be put into a mental home.

He dashed back into his house, then five minutes later he was in his car, driving towards the record store.