Chapter Twenty Nine

Chapter Song: The Answer by Kodaline

~Track 8 on 'Songs For New Beginnings' (made by Webster)

Alex

One year after Alex had stepped off his flight and into Baltimore, he found himself walking to a place that he hadn't been to in a long time.

"Are you sure about this Alex? It's a lot of responsibility...."

"Brianna will you calm your tits? I can handle this." he grumbled as he stopped outside the old record store, the key to it in his hand.

"I can't believe you spent all of your hard earned money on this piece of shit. Seriously Alex, nobody has been in here for about a year now."

He ignored her nagging and slid the key into the lock. It clicked opened and he stepped inside.

He coughed as the dust of the old record shop filled his throat and nostrils.

"Yuck! It still smells like weed in here!" Brianna snorted as she peeped over Alex's shoulder.

"We're going to need a lot of paint... and maybe if we get Jack to chip in we could build on an extension....hmmm..." he studied the ruins of the shop.

"You're crazy Gaskarth. You do know the coffee shop business is a hard one to break into, right?" Brianna said, her voice stern.

Even after all this time, she was still always weary of him screwing up.

He sighed and pulled an old polaroid out of his jacket pocket. A girl with green eyes smiled back at him, and he felt himself smiling back at the photo too.

"She would have wanted me to do this Brianna." he said, sighing a little.

He looked up and saw Brianna giving him a sad smile.

"I know. I'm sorry for being snappy. I just want you to understand that you're taking a huge risk, gambling all your money on a café that might not take off."

He laughed at her concern.

"It's a chance that I'm willing to bet on, Cheesy." he said, sending her a wink, which made her roll her eyes.

"Douche bag." she grumbled.

He laughed again and slipped the polaroid back into his jacket.

Yes, maybe he was a little crazy for trying to start his own coffee business when there was a Starbucks only two blocks down.

Yes, maybe he was a little crazy for spending his entire savings on a smelly shop that was probably over a fifty years old.

But it was a new beginning for him.

And he was excited.

~

Webster

One year after Webster had broken down in the hall of her house, she found herself sitting on her roof and staring up at the stars.

She only knew one constellation, which was Cassiopeia, and it was stretched above her head right now, like a cluster of dreams.

She wondered if he was looking at Cassiopeia too. He probably wasn't looking at it at this exact moment, due to the time difference in the States, but that didn't mean that he wouldn't look at the same constellation when it was night time across the pond.

She shut her eyes and tried to think about tomorrow.

This time tomorrow she would probably be in a bed and breakfast, eating some food that she had never tried before, or maybe she would be hitch hiking off some truckers.

Heck, she didn't know.

But that was adventure for you.

It took you wherever it wanted to take you.

She was going to travel around Europe first. It had always interested her to go to a the Colosseum in Rome, the Eiffel Tower in Paris, the tulips in Amsterdam.

Then after Europe was Africa, then Australia, then Asia and then finally America (she has skipped Antarctica because she hated the cold. It was cold enough in Ireland anyway).

The whole trip was going to take her a year or two, maybe even more.

But she had finally gotten the all clear from her doctor.

She was able to use her legs that used to be just a pair of useless limbs.

Of course, she had tested her new legs by climbing up on to the roof and thank God, they had actually worked.

She opened her eyes and laughed out loud to herself.

It was a new beginning for her.

And she was excited.

~

A/N: Last chapter but anybody up for an epilogue? ;)