Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Song: Tenerife Sea by Ed Sheeran

                ~Track 7 on 'Songs Not To Show Webster' (made by Alex)

Webster

She knew after the 'Spike Incident' that Alex was sure to call around before the week was out, but it turned out that he could only keep himself away for three days. So when Webster found herself in his apartment on a sunny Tuesday afternoon, she wasn't quite sure what to feel. It was like someone had placed an invisible barrier between them.

"Do you..uhh..do you want a skittle?" he asked, breaking the silence that they had been currently sitting in.

She shook her head, and he sighed, placing the bowl on his battered coffee table. The clatter of the bowl hitting the table made Baz look up from where the dog was napping. He shot his owner an alarmed look.

"Look, I know you probably don't want to talk about...about what happened, and I completely understand that. But is there a reason why you're acting so...so...blahhh?" he asked, one of his caterpillar eyebrows raised.

She wondered for a brief moment if he shaped his eyebrows himself.

"Webster." he said, realising that she was spacing out on him.

She started to type into her laptop.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M ACTING SO BLAHHH?"

He ran his hand through his hair, which was incredibly hot and distracting for her.

God damn it.

"Can't we just go back to being the normal Webster and Alex?" he asked, and she laughed.

"THE NORMAL WEBSTER AND ALEX?" she typed quizzically.

He groaned.

"You know what I mean....I just want you to stop acting like you're mad at me."

She frowned.

"BUT I AM MAD AT YOU."

"Well then, what will make you stop being mad?"

She bit her lip in thought. Truthfully, she wasn't that mad at him. She never really could stay mad at him, but this was an opportunity to mess with Alex and make him do anything she wanted him to.

"FINE." she typed mischievously.

"I WANT YOU TO LISTEN TO ALL FOUR OF THE ONE DIRECTION ALBUMS WITH ME."

He groaned.

"No! Please! Have mercy!" he begged, falling to his knees in front of her. Baz let out a small bark of concern.

"I'd rather listen to Metro Station! Please!"

She laughed at the sight of him on his knees begging her for mercy. She started to shake her head and he puffed out his cheeks like a little kid.

"At least let me get more popcorn and skittles." he said sulkily, but she was pretty sure he was pleased that he was making her happy.

Slowly, she started to feel the barrier disappear, and the old Alex and Webster returning. She was glad.

She had missed them as much as he had.

************************************

Webster

Four One Diretion albums later, they were both on the couch, Alex lying with his head rested on a pillow, her sitting comfortably beside him, playing with little tufts of his hair in her fingers. He had really long eyelashes for a guy. You didn't really notice them much when you were far away, but up close, they were hard to miss.