Chapter Ten

Chapter Song: Lithium By Nirvana

~Track 3 on 'Nirvana' (made by Alex)

Webster

"You slept with Alex?!"

"YES. NO. MAYBE. WE DIDN'T HAVE SEX."

"Hold up, pause, rewind. You guys slept with each other?"

"NOT REALLY. IT'S MORE LIKE I SLEPT ON HIM."

"Wait what?"

"CAN WE NOT TALK ABOUT THIS NOW BRIANNA?"

"Sorry. I'm just fascinated over the fact that Alex Gaskarth slept with somebody, but he didnt have sex first."

Webster rolled her eyes and wheeled herself over to the 'Eminem' section. She had to admit, she was excited to see Alex today after the other night's events. She wondered if he would play it cool or would he play it would he come in and lift her out of her wheelchair and swing her around?

Her mind flashed back to the feeling of his arms wrapped around her waist.

She felt like a horny teenager.

Jesus.

Suddnely, the door of the store swung open and Webster wheeled around, her heart pounding and butterflies fluttering in her stomach.

But they disappeared as soon as they came, and Webster felt her good mood evaporate as she saw the person step into the shop.

It wasn't Alex.

It was a tall and skinny looking lady with a severe look in her eyes and a full black suit on.

"Oh fuck." Brianna mumbled as she dropped her box of CD's, her eyes full of panic.

Webster looked at her pink-haired friend worriedly. Brianna never freaked out.

Something bad was about to happen.

"The inspector....the Boss usually warns me a week in advance before she comes...the fucker is probably unconscious in the back room from all the weed he's been smoking...shit...." suddnely Brianna turned to face Webster.

"She's going to ask about you. Fuck! I can't afford to have you fired...she'll see your disabilities...."

Webster had never seen Brianna in such a mess. It looked like she was about to cry. She didn't even know how she was going to be able to help.

"Brianna Fitzpatrick, how pleasant it is to see you again." said a voice that made Webster shiver at how cold it sounded.

Brianna winced.

"Missus Granger...how nice to uhm...see you again." said Brianna, her voice nervous.

The woman narrowed her eyes at her.

"Still got that nose ring in I see. Tut, tut, didn't I tell you that nose rings are against the uniform code the last time I came here?" she asked.

Brianna nodded mutely and the woman sighed.

"And how about Spike, eh? Is he still around?" she asked, and Brianna shrugged.

"He hasn't shown up to work in days." she said, and Webster swallowed.

Spike hadn't shown up to work ever since their little 'date incident.'

"Hmm...I'll have to look in to that...." the woman trailed off, her electric blue eyes landing on Webster.

"And who's this? A new employee?" Mrs.Granger inquired, her voice sour.

Suddenly, Brianna stepped in front of Webster, as if to shield her from the woman's stare.

"Is Derek hiring disabled people now? This place has been so...disappointing ever since I've stepped in." Mrs.Granger sighed and gave Webster the beady eyes.

Webster felt her blood start to boil.

How dare she call her out like that! Webster knew what she was, but the fact that the woman thought she was stupid...well...she had a couple of things to say to her!

She started to type angrily into her laptop, but Brianna snapped it shut amd gave her a warning look. Webster felt outraged. She was not about to let some lady in a black suit tell her what she was!

"Webster, let it go." whispered Brianna as Mrs.Granger disappeared into the back room.

Webster huffed and opened up her laptop.

"HOW DARE SHE-"

"Webster....I think this place is about to get shut down."

She stared at Brianna blankly.

No.

The shop couldn't get shut down. She couldn't imagine her life without the old record shop in it. The fact that she wouldn't be stacking CD's ever again was too much for her to handle.

"Webster...you need to go and get Alex."

************************************

Webster

She wheeled as fast as she could to Alex's apartment block. The usual twenty minute stroll (or wheel) had taken her only fifteen minutes, most of the journey being downhill, thank god.

She tapped the arm rest of her wheelchair impatiently as she waited for the elevator. Her anxiety was starting to build up.

But Alex would fix everything. He always did.

The elevator door pinged open and she wheeled in, quickly pressed the level three button and slipped up to the floor in no time.

When it stopped, she wheeled out and wheeled quickly to the outside of room fourteen. She knocked three times and sat back in her wheelchair.

There was no reply after about four minutes and Webster started to get anxious.

Was he out?

Maybe Jack was just being an ass again and was stopping Alex from opening the door...

She was about to knock again, but the door swung open and in the doorway stood a shirtless Alex with lipstick stains all over his face.

"What do you want?" he snapped, his voice rude. Webster swallowed up her shock and started to type.

"ALEX YOU NEED TO COME TO THE RECORD STORE QUICK. IT'S AN EMERGENCY." she typed quickly.

He rolled his eyes at her.

"Look, I'm kind of busy. Can you just call back later?" he grumbled.

Webster felt her blood start to boil. Why was he being so rude? Could he not see that this was important?

"DID YOU NOT HEAR ME? I SAID THERE'S AN EMERGENCY." she typed angrily.

He sighed.

"Look, first of all, you didn't say anything, you can't talk, remember? Secondly, as I said before, I'm busy, so I'd appreciate it if you please go away." he snapped, then he slammed the door in her face.

It was then that she started to cry for the second time because of Alex. His bitter words had really taken his toll on her this time.

Then she wheeled away as fast as she could away from the door.

First the record shop, and now Alex.

She was going to lose everything she had grown to love, all in the one day.