Chapter Four

Chapter Song: Everything Has Changed by Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran

~Track 1 on 'Songs For Alex' (made by Webster)

Alex

She had been avoiding him since Monday and now it was Saturday, which meant that she had her speech therapy, so Alex was sitting outside the speech doctor's building, waiting for her to wheel out.

He was going to talk to her. They had hardly spoken a word to each other all week (even though Webster couldn't talk, but she hadn't typed anything to him in days). He was definitely going to ask her why was she avoiding him as much as possible. Was it something he had said? He didn't know.

And then she was wheeling out of the building, nearly wheeling over his toes, but she froze when she saw him, then quickly started to try and wheel away from him.

"Wait! Webster-please!" he jumped in front of her, making her stop.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" she typed, looking slightly pissed at him.

"I...I wanted to talk." he stammered.

She looked up at him and something that looked like pain flashed in her eyes, but it disappeared before he could be sure.

"WELL I'M LISTENING."

He swallowed, his throat dry.

"You've been avoiding me." he said quietly.

She didn't look at him, her green eyes stayed looking down at her keyboard.

"I mean if it's something that I said...or did...I'm sorry." he sighed and he stared down miserably at the ground.

"Look, if you're not going to talk to me, then I guess I'll go home then." he grumbled, getting a little annoyed.

He turned around and started to walk away from her, a sinking feeling in his stomach.

Webster

He was walking away from her. God, she had to do something! She couldn't lose the only friend she had ever really known. Plus, she had a CD for him and all.

She started to wheel after him as fast as she could.

Come on, come on, come on!

He was a fast walker. By the time she had caught up to him, she was out of breath.

At first they said nothing, but then, without a word, he started to push her.

"You're kind of out of breath." he said, the ghost of a smile on his face.

She puffed out her cheeks and let her head rest on the back of her wheelchair.

"Does this mean we can hang out today?"

She looked up at him. He was smiling down at her. She nodded slowly, and then, when Alex thought she wasn't looking, he punched a victory fist in the air. She had to dig her nails into her palms to stop herself from laughing out loud.

**********************************

Webster

"BRIANNA TOLD ME THAT YOU LIKE TO SLEEP AROUND ALOT."

Alex raised an eyebrow at her.

"And since when is everything Brianna says true?" he asked quizzically.

She shrugged, implying that it was only a statement, and stuffed a handful of skittles into her mouth.

They were in Alex's place, the CD player out and Webster's playlist for Alex filling the rooom. She was sitting in her wheelchair and he was sitting on the floor, legs crossed, clutching the CD cover in his hand and reading it.