Chapter Eight

Song Chapter: Jealousy By Queen

~Track 4 on 'Queen Songs 4 Alex'

Webster

Unfortunately Alex had insisted that they all sit together, which was actually fine by her, but not so much for Spike. She was doing everything to make sure he enjoyed their date as much as they had planned to, but the fact that Alex was gate-crashing well...it wasn't helping.

She sat on the outside of the row, Spike beside her, Lorraine beside him and Alex beside her. She was munching happily on her popcorn when suddenly, a packet of skittles flew out of nowhere, hit her in the face, and landed in her bucket of popcorn.

"Alex." growled Spike as he sent Alex a death glare, but Webster couldn't help but laugh at the skittles in her bucket.

Of course he would rememeber her love for skittles and popcorn.

It was the thing that they had both bonded over.

She ripped open the packet and poured them into the popcorn bucket.

"You eat popcorn and skittles, together?" whispered Spike, his nose wrinkled, unimpressed.

She shrugged and he shuddered.

"There's a line for savory and sweet you know. They shouldn't mix." he grumbled and she laughed quietly.

They didn't say anything more on the topic though, because the lights went out, and the movie began to play.

For some reason Webster felt uneasy.

Alex

It really annoyed Alex that he was so far away from Webster. How was he supposed to keep an eye on her now? Spike's head was like the size of a watermelon, so it blocked her from his view.

He coulnd't concentrate on the movie. Not even Lorraine--who was kissing his neck--could distract him. He narrowed his eyes as he saw Spike shift closer to Webster. He was doing the lamest move in the book! What an idiot.

But then he heard Webster giggle, and he clenched his fists.

He was using every muscle in his body to not punch that lip ring wearing, punk-rock douche.

"Alex...how about after this we...have a little fun in your apartment?" whsipered Lorriane into his ear. As tempting as it sounded, for some reason Alex wasn't in the mood.

"Uhmmm...we'll see." he said, and Lorriane frowned at him. He had never really denied her sex.

Suddenly, Webster let out another small giggle, and Alex knew it definitely wasn't the movie that was making her giggle like that.

"I need to uhmm...I need to pee." he mumbled quickly to Lorriane.

"Hurry back." she whined, and he shrugged her off and started to stumble his way through the row, his popcorn bucket in his hand.

It was unfortunate that he was gong to have to accidentally trip and spill a bucket of perfectly good popcorn all over a loser like Spike.

"Whoops!" he yelled as he 'tripped' and spilled his popcorn all over the dark haired man.

"You idiot!" Spike hissed as he stared down at the greasy mess all over him.

"What are you? Disabled?" he yelled, and suddenly things got very silent.

Alex eyes flicked over to Webster, who was staring at Spike, her face shocked.

Suddenly, Spike seemed to realise the mistake he had just made.

Kind of like a criminal who had just realised that stealing was a crime.

"Oh shit...Webster...I didn't-"

"What did you just say?" growled Alex, grabbing the twerp's t-shirt and scrunching it up in his hands.

"I-"

"HOW DARE YOU!" he roared. A little kid started to cry somewhere in the back rows of the theatre.

"Sir! Would you please calm down?" asked a middle-aged woman two rows behind.

"Make me!" he snarled, and the woman fell silent.

He turned his attention back to Spike.

"You're a worthless piece of shit Spike." he said, his every word trembling with anger.

"I didn't mean it!" yelled Spike.

Alex lifted the him up a little higher.

"Apologise to Webster!" he yelled.

Someone in the back row cheered.

"But I didn't mean it! W-Webster understands! Right Web-"

"APOLOGISE OR I'LL KICK YOUR ASS!"

Spike swallowed and turned his head to Webster, who was sitting very still in her wheelchair, her eyes wide.

"I-I'm sorry Webster." he choked out, and Alex nodded, satisfied. He threw him back into his seat and strolled over to Webster.

"Do you want me to walk you home?" he asked quietly.

She nodded and he took her wheelchair in his hands and started to push.

"WHAT ABOUT LORRAINE?" her computer voice made him smile.

"She'll be alright."

They didn't say another word, and on the way out, a little kid stopped him and asked if he was the real Peter Parker.

Webster

Webster was in a state of shock as Alex wheeled her out of the movie theatre and started heading towards her house. She was still trying to process what had just happened. First of all, Spike had insulted her, second of all, Alex had caused a scene in the movie theatre, third of all, she was pretty sure Spike was never going to ask her out again, (not that she really wanted him to though).

The night air was cold, she was shivering, and it wasn't long before Alex noticed.

"Crap, I forgot that you're only in a dress." he mumbled as he stopped and started to take off his jacket. He flung it over her shoulders without another word and began to push her again.

"WHAT ABOUT YOU? WON'T YOU BE COLD?" she typed, feeling the warmth of his jacket seep into her body.

"I'm just hot stuff, so the cold doesn't really bother me." he said, and she snorted.

"YOU SOUND LIKE AN IDIOT."

"Shut up. I'm great. I could tell you at least fifty random facts about Space."

"GO AHEAD."

"Is that a challenge?"

"YEP."

"Well, firstly, did you know that Mars is the biggest planet in Space?"

"I THOUGHT JUPITER WAS?"

"Fuck."

She laughed as they turned the corner into her estate. As they approached her house, Webster typed a question that had been on her mind ever since they had left the cinema.

"WHY DID YOU ATTACK SPIKE IN THE CINEMA LIKE THAT?" she typed slowly.

She heard him let out a sigh.

"I did it because he hurt you."

Webster frowned.

"BUT WHY DID YOU HURT HIM BECAUSE HE HURT ME? WHY DIDN'T YOU LET IT PASS?"

They rolled up to her front door, and Alex leaned lazily against the porch. He looked really attractive tonight, more attractive than usual. She liked the fact that he always wore those jeans with the american flag on it.

"I care about you." he said quietly, and before she could reply, her mam opened the door, and Alex nodded silently, then disappeared down her front garden.

And then she was left with the feeling of relief that Alex had gate-crashed her date with Spike.

Thank God.