Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Song: Dirty Paws by Of Monsters And Men

~Track 8 on 'Songs To Fall Asleep To' (made by Webster)

Alex

He was in a good moods on the drive to Lorraine's house. The sun was shining, his window was open, Webster's playlist was blaring. He had never really been into Of Monsters and Men before, but he just couldn't get enough of them at the moment.

He had decided to give his girlfriend a surprise visit, due to the fact that all she ever did was complain about how he wasn't a very sentimental boyfriend. He hummed as he pulled up outside Lorraine's house. There was red sports car parked outside of it.

Hm.

That's weird.

He certainly didn't remember Lorriane having a red sports car.

Maybe she had got a raise at work?

He turned off the radio and jumped out of his car, his mind suddenly clouded. He marched up to the door and started to rummage around in his jacket for his house key. It took him a good thirty seconds to find it, and when he did find the key, it was attached to a polaroid picture of him and Webster.

He was not in the mood for this right now.

He unlocked the door and stepped inside, only to be met with the sound of someone giggling.

"Jaaaaack. Oh my god." a voice squealed.

He knew that voice.

It was Lorraine's.

"Shhhhh baby. I got you."

There was no mistaking it.

That was Jack's voice.

He stormed towards where the disgusting moans were coming from, his heart racing. She wouldn't do it. Not behind his back. She loved him, didn't she? She had said it before. He had said it before.

SMACK!

The door whacked against the wall as Alex stepped into the living room.

Disappointment. Hurt. Betrayal. Pain.

A million ugly emotions spread through his body as he looked at his girlfriend and his best friend lying on the couch with half of their clothes off.

She reacted first by pushing Jack off her and jumping up, her eyes wide with disbelief.

"A-Alex." she stammered, her lips trembling. He had always admired Lorraine's body, he was never one to turn away when she was half naked in front of him.

But at the moment he couldn't look at her at all.

"Alex man, you-"

"SHUT UP!" he roared, his temper exploding, his pain becoming too much.

His skunk-haired man fell silent. He grabbed Lorriane and pushed her behind him.

"What is this?" he demanded. He was so close to tears now.

No.

He wouldn't cry in front of them,

"Why?" he asked coolly, his eyes finally flicking up to his girlfriend. She sighed and stepped out from behind Jack.

"Look, Alex....don't take this in the wrong way, alright? I...I never really loved you Alex. I thought that all we were going to be was a one night stand, but when you didn't leave...well...I didn't want to break it to you. The thing was, I was already into someone else...." she trailed off and looked up at Jack who kissed her cheek gently.