Chapter Six

Chapter Song: High Hopes by Kodaline

~Track 8 on 'Songs 4 Alex When I'm Not Talking To Him' (made by Webster)

Alex

"Is Webster in?"

It had been two days since Jack's party and Webster had made no contact to Alex. He had called her, texted her, he had even emailed her, but she hadn't replied to anything.

Brianna stared at him, her face unamused as she drummed her fingers on the counter.

"No. She called in sick."

He slammed his fist against the counter, irritated and upset.

He had screwed up big time, and all he wanted to do was apologise to her. He had never wanted her to see the other side of Alex Gaskarth. He wanted her to genuinely like him for being him.

And after listening to her playlist called 'Songs For Alex' he just had to see her.

He didn't like his life without her.

Brianna sighed as she plonked a box of CD's on the counter.

"You know, you could always call to her house." she said, her eyes shooting daggers at him.

He swallowed.

"I don't think think her mom is going to be too happy to see me." he mumbled, remembering the fact that she had smacked him for saying her daughter "Looked good."

Brianna tutted impatiently.

"Grow some balls and call to her house. The worst she can do is tell you that she never wants to see you again."

Alex groaned.

"But that's exactly what I don't, want to happen."

"Well, maybe you should have considered that before you went and fucked everything up." sighed Brianna. She hopped over the counter and started to stack CD's, Alex on her heels.

"But what am I supposed to say?" he grumbled.

"How about, Hey Webster! I'm sorry that you had to see me fingering my girlfriend and beat the shit out of Spike!"

He let his face fall into his hands.

"Please tell me she didn't see that."

"Look Alex, it's time to stop acting like everything isn't your fault, because it is. All I'm saying is, you hurt some people a lot more than Spike two nights ago, and I'm not just talking about Lorraine." she gave him a knowing look.

But she wasn't finished.

"I know how you work Alex, I've been played by you before. But I am warning you, if you are planning to play Webster just like you play every other girl, then you can get the fuck out. Webster is different, and she doesn't need you to ruin her life."

"But what am I supposed to do?"

"I think it's time to change your ways. Ask her out, bring her to see Spider-Man or something, but if this is going to work, you'll have to actually put effort into it. You should really take a leaf out of Spike's book.

He took his face out of his hands and tilted his head slightly.

"Does Spike like Webster?" he asked, trying to sound casual. Brianna raised an eyebrow at him.

"What you mean like, have a crush on her?"

He shrugged and to his annoyance, Brianna laughed.

"Don't tell me you're jealous." she teased, poking his stomach, making him scowl at her.