Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Song: Come On Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners

~Track 24 on 'Songs You Should Dance To Because I Can't' (made by Webster)

Alex

He woke up to the smell of bacon, which was pretty awesome because he usually woke up to the smell Jack Daniels or Jameson. There was that brief moment when he realised that he wasn't in his own bed, which made him nervous. The usual thoughts flashed through his brain.

Did he get some girl pregnant last night?

Would she expect him to stick around?

What would he tell Lorraine?

But then he heard the sound of someone snoring, and all his worries disappeared.

Webster.

She was snoring beside him, her head rested on his shoulder, and with no glasses. There was a bit of drool coming out of her mouth.

He laughed at the sight of her in the morning. Her hair was wild, giving off the illusion that she might have been electrocuted by someone.

She was clutching his arm like it was a teddy bear.

Laughing again, he blew on her face to try and wake her up. If it wasn't for the smell of bacon and the grumbling in his stomach, he would have stared at her sleeping all day.

"Webster." he said quietly, poking her cheek.

"Webster."

"Mmmmm..." she hummed, still not opening her eyes.

"I think your mom is cooking bacon." he said.

Her eyes flicked open and she laughed.

"Can we go and check?" he asked, giving her a pleading look.

She shrugged and shut her eyes again, smiling.

"Websterrrr." he groaned.

She laughed again and opened her eyes. Then she nodded her heads towards her wheelchair, which was at the bottom of the bed.

"Why do I always have to do the hard work?" he grumbled as he untangled himself from her and jumped off the bed.

She laughed for probably the sixth time since they woke up.

He didn't mind.

He liked her laugh.

He liked it a lot.

Webster

"Well, well, well, Mister Gaskarth, what a lovely surprise." her mam said as she slid a plate of her famous irish breakfast fry-up into the centre of the table.

"Hi Missus Walker." he replied, his cheeks looking slightly pink.

"You know, it's funny, I don't quite remember you calling over earlier." she said, sending him a smirk.

"MAM. PLEASE." typed Webster, quickly. She was not about to let her mam embarrass her this morning.

"Would you like a cup of rosy lee?" her mam asked, as she headed over towards the kettle.

"A rosy what?" he asked.

"SHE MEANS TEA."

Webster sent her mam a warning look, but her mam simply sent her a wink.

Jesus.

"So, what time did you call around at this morning?" her mam asked loudly over the noise of the boiling kettle.

"Uhmm..well..I..." he was stumbling over his words.

Webster mouthed 'Sorry' to him. He gave her thumbs up, maybe trying to assure her thst he was alright with the questions, but Webster knew better.

"MAM. ALEX STAYED THE NIGHT."

Her computer voice seemed to hang in the air.

Her mam turned around and gave both of them a smirk.

"Well that's nice." she said, and Webster groaned. She looked back over at Alex, who was eyeing the bacon, his eyes wide and his tongue licking his lips.

"YOU CAN HELP YOURSELF YOU KNOW." she typed while she rolled her eyes.

He nodded and used his fork to pick up three pieces of bacon.

"They're the best irish rashers you'll ever taste!" her mam said a she walked over to the table, a tea pot in her hand.

"Rashers?" asked Alex, his face confused.

"SHE MEANS BACON." typed Webster.

Alex laughed and started to shovel the bacon into his mouth. He shut his eyes and sighed.

"Thusishamazing!" he moaned through a mouthful of bacon.

"See? I told you!" her mam laughed and Webster actually let her face fall against the keyboard.

"Webster, I have your egg and soldiers here sweetie." her mam trilled as she placed a boiled egg in her Winnie the Pooh egg cup in front of her (just when she thought her morning couldn't get any more embarrassing).

Alex smirked at her from across the table.

"Egg and soldiers?" he questioned.

"It's her favourite breakfast, isn't it Webster?" her mam cooed.

"SHUT UP MAM PLEASE."

"Webster! Stop being so embarrassed! I'm sure Alex doesn't care!" scolded her mam.

"Not at all Missus Walker." he said, but he looked like he was about to burst out laughing.

She scowled at him and began to eat her egg and soldiers.

She really did love her egg and soldiers.

Alex

He left Webster's house around two, not that he particularly wanted to, but he had discovered five missed calls from Lorraine on his phone, so he decided to visit her.

It had been a while since he had seen her.

He guessed it was the funny thing about him and Lorraine. They never really hung out. She was always busy or not in the mood, and he was usually at the old record shop.

The record shop.

No, he'd deal with that loss later. He was not about to let his high from Webster disappear because of the record shop.

As he turned the corner to her and started walking towards her house, he began to wonder why she had called him so many times last night. Maybe she had wanted him to go out? What if she had been in trouble? His mind started to cloud over as he rang her doorbell.

Footsteps.

Her footsteps were heavy, and when she opened the door, Alex winced.

She looked mad.

"Alexander William Gaskarth you are such an asshole!" she screeched at him. She looked like she had been crying all night. Her mascara was running down her face.

She looked a bit like a banshee.

"Lorraine what-"

"You forgot didn't you? You forgot all about my art exhabition!" she yelled.

Fuck.

"Oh shit! Lorraine--"

"You suck ass Alex Gaskarth!" she screamed. She was crying.

He hated to see girls cry. It made him feel weird.

He pulled her into him and she cried against his chest.

He was sure in for it now.