Chapter Five

Chapter Song: We Can't Stop by Miley Cyrus

~Track 8 on 'My Guilty Pleasure Songs' (made by Alex)

Webster

Webster had heard of these wild house party things at High School a long time ago, but she had never actually been to one before. She had seen what they could be like in those stupid movies that always end up with the girl going to a party and getting pregnant in the end, but she had always thought these were just glorified versions.

That was, until she saw Jack's house.

It was a mansion. Literally. Lights were shooting out of the house like beams of the fricking sun, people were everywhere, in the front garden, hanging out of windows, on the roof.

"Jack sure knows how to throw a killer party." whistled Brianna as she stared at the house, her eyes wide. It was one of those moments where Webster had seen Brianna genuinely impressed.

"He's the king of partying." said Alex simply, but Brianna raised an eyebrow at him.

"And you're not?" Brianna sounded skeptical, but Webster never really thought of Alex as the partying type. He seemed like one of those guys who stayed in at weekends and listened to old records while playing with his dogs (who Webster had only met recently).

Alex shifted uncomfortably while Webster stared at him quizzically.

She was about to type something, but then froze when she saw Lorraine sprinting towards them in killer heels and a dress so short it should be illegal.

"Alex!" she squealed as she pounced on him and shoved her tongue down his throat. Webster wrinkled her nose at the smell alcohol off her. But to her disappointment, he reacted by kissing her back and wrapping his arms around her waist.

She tried to cover up her disappointment quickly, but Brianna saw her face and slowly wheeled her away from the pair as people started to cheer around them and yelled about "Alex getting fuckin' laid tonight!"

"Look, Webster...there's something that you need to understand about Alex." she said softly, but her eyes were sad.

Webster blinked, confused,

Brianna sighed.

"The Alex Gaskarth you know....he's different to the Alex that you're going to see tonight..." she trailed off.

Webster frowned.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?" she typed.

"Alex has a reputation, Webster. For some reason though, that reputation disappears when he's around you. Like I said before, he likes to sleep around a lot and I just...I just don't want to see you hurt." said Brianna.

Webster felt herself get defensive.

"WHO SAID I LIKED ALEX?"

Brianna rolled her eyes.

"You've got to be crazy not to like Alex. Trust me, I was once like you and he fucked me, then left." she looked angry, maybe even a little regretful.

"But he never treated me like he treats you. For some reason...you're different, and it's not just the fact that you're in a wheelchair."

Webster's eyes glanced back at Alex, who now had his hands up Lorraine's dress. She shuddered and looked away.

"I'm sorry he's not the guy you thought he was, but I'll tell you this, he promised he'd take you home if you didn't like the party right?" asked Brianna kindly.

Webster nodded.

"Well Alex....sometimes keeps his promises. He doesn't make a lot of promises, and the fact that he made one to you well....he must have really wanted you to come here." said Brianna.