Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Song: Little Lion Man by Mumford and Sons

~Track 3 on 'Songs For When You Screw Up' (made by Alex)

Webster

When Alex didn't call around the next day, she didn't freak out. She knew that he was probably busy, but she had grown so used to his company. When he wasn't around she couldn't help but feel a little lonely.

But when Alex didn't call around for a full week, Webster knew something was up.

She figured that's how she found herself in Brianna's swanky apartment, listening to Metallica and venting to her.

"Wait, so he slept with you twice? What a man whore." huffed Brianna as she let out a puff of smoke.

"WE DIDN'T HAVE SEX." Webster typed.

"Obviously." Brianna grumbled, her eyes flickering down to Webster's legs.

"BUT I DON'T KNOW WHY HE HASN'T BEEN AROUND."

Brianna sighed and started to look at Webster, a strange expression on her face.

"I was hoping that I wasn't going to have to do this. I was hoping that Alex might have taken his head out of his ass...." she trailed off and flicked her stub out the window.

Webster didn't type anything. She wasn't sure what to type.

"Okay, well...I guess here goes nothing." grumbled Brianna as he walked over to Webster and plonked herself down on to the ground in front of her.

"Alex Gaskarth is an asshole. Always has been, always will be. But for some reason, he changed because of you.

"YOU ALREADY TOLD ME THIS."

"Just shush for a sec? Alright?"

Webster sighed and nodded.

"Right, so Alex. He's...he's a player, but he really likes this Lorraine chick. She's great looking, great at sex, great at fricking being a slut..." the pink-haired girl trailed off, sounding bitter.

"Alex cheated on me with her a long time ago. I got over it, as all women should do when the person they think they love cheats on them. But Alex...I just didn't want to believe it. You can never trust that man. All he does is fuck you, then leaves you behind
with empty and broken promises."

Webster started fidgeting with her sleeve.

But Alex had promised her that he would never hurt her.

Surely he would keep that promise, right?

"Webster, listen, I know it's hard to believe. Yes, Alex is a fucking awesome guy when he cares, but the problem is he rarely ever cares at all. It's sad, actually, when you think about it. But truthfully? I think think the man is just scared that he's going to end up alone." huffed Brianna.

"I just don't want to see you hurt. I don't want him to play you like he played me."

SO THEN WHY IS HE AVOIDING ME?" the question was out of her head and into her laptop before she could stop it.

She gave her a sad smile.

"He hasn't been avoiding you Webster. He's just forgotten about you."

"He's just forgotten about you."

The words cut her like a blade.

"I'm sorry that I let you get too close to him." Brianna said quietly. Her blue eyes started to fill up with tears. This made Webster's eyes start to fill up with tears.