Chapter Twenty Seven

Chapter Song: Say Something by A Great Big World feat. Christina Aguilera

~Track 5 on 'Some Goodbyes Are Harder Than Others' (made by Webster)

Webster

She decided to bring him to the flower garden in the end.

She would tell him there.

Gran's words were echoing in her head.

"If you love someone let them go. If they come back, it's really meant to be. If they don't, then it wasn't meant to be at all."

She didn't want to let Alex go.

She had only got him back.

But she had to.

It was the only way.

Alex

She led him to what looked like a flower garden. It was a bit of a sad sight actually, probably because it was Winter, which meant that a lot of the flowers were snug in the ground, and only the ones brave enough to face the Winter storms were out.

It was a nice place though, and relatively empty at the moment. Only an old couple who were standing over some white roses were in the garden with them.

"This must be a nice place in the Summer." he whistled as he kicked at a clump of moss on the ground.

She nodded.

"Yeah. You wouldn't believe it. It's like Wonderland."

"I can't wait for you to show me sometime." he said, winking at her.

Then it was back.

The clouded expression passed over her face again.

But this time it didn't disappear.

"Alex...I need to talk to you about something." she said, her voice quiet, nearly inaudible.

She stopped walking and started to fidget with her sleeve.

He knew she was nervous now.

She only fidgeted with her sleeve when she was nervous.

"What's up?" he asked, trying to hide the anxiousness in his own voice.

"Six months is a long time to think Alex." she said, her voice soft.

"And it's a long time to consider and rethink things....naïve things like love..." she trailed off.

He knew what she was getting at now. She wasn't sure about her feelings, heck, he was still confused about his.

They had created a disaster of themselves, full of lies, broken promises and playlists that spoke some unspoken emotions.

They were hurricanes.

They were the hurricanes that brought them a storm, and when it was all over, they were left with nothing but each other.

They were a mess.

And they both knew it.

But he held on.

But from her words, it seemed that Webster wasn't sure if she wanted to hold on anymore.

So he didn't say anything, and then she took his silence as an indication to keep going with her speech.

"I want to let myself love you Alex. I want to give you another chance....but everytime I give you a chance, you rip it up and throw it away like it means nothing." she started to breathe faster and Alex gave her a concerned look, but she shrugged him off.