Chapter 2: Rage and doubt

"You should have seen the look on that human's face when he realized I was a vampire. I wish I could have taken a picture, hehehe!" 

"Oh yes, Shalltear, I believe you. But now on to some more pressing matters…" Albedo starts and gives me her usual brainless duck smile. 

Brainless duck...that was new. I'll keep it in mind for future arguments.

"Like?" 

"Like deciding the date of my wedding with Lord Ainz." 

What?! 

"WHAT?!" I snap and I see a pleased expression forming on the bitch's face. 

"Oh, didn't you know Shalltear?" 

That's impossible! 

"N-no...but...he…" 

"It's just a joke, Shalltear. Albedo simply likes to play tricks on you." I hear a familiar voice say behind me, so I turn around and see Demiurge standing in front of me with his usual strangled fox smile. 

Yes, another good one! Strangled fox! 

"I was just having fun with our little fake boobs here…" 

Oh, that bitch. She shouldn't have said that.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT ME, YOU CONCUBINE?!" 

"I said you use too many breast pads, Shalltear." Albedo says calmly with the brainless duck smile that makes me so angry. 

"YOU...MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS! AAAAAGH!" 

"By the way Shalltear, why did you call Lord Ainz about such a stupid and simple matter earlier yesterday night?" Demiurge asks adjusting his glasses. 

"I...wanted to be cautious...after what I did to Lord Ainz that time I don't want to make any more mistakes!" I say cheering myself up a bit. 

"First smart thing our little Shalltear has ever done." 

"ALBEDO I SWEAR IN THE NAME OF MY CREATOR LORD PERORONCINO I WILL RIP YOU APART!" I yell and my eyes light up, and an aura of fire forms around me. 

"Do not dare name one of the Supreme Beings for such a foolish matter." Albedo says sternly. 

She's such a pain in the ass. She always thinks she's the fucking boss of everything, and she always has the same brainless duck smile on her face. 

"Albedo, that's enough. You and Shalltear will end up fighting if it keeps going like this. And it would bring great disrespect to the city and to Lord Ainz." 

He's right. No matter how much I want to obliterate Albedo out of existence I can't do it here. 

"Fine. Now leave me alone. I need to think about what to do with my new human toy." 

"Why don't you just devour him, Shalltear? It'll make it easier for everybody." Demiurgos points out. 

"Well...maybe I want to keep him! I still need to decide!" I snap. 

"You're really considering keeping a human?" Albedo asks amused. 

"I'm...I don't know! Sebas kept a human! And he took her out on a date or something!" 

Demiurge brings a hand to his mouth and lets out a "hmm". 

"You are right, Shalltear...but said human is now a maid at Lord Ainz's command. She's making herself useful for Nazarick. What could another human be useful for?" He asks with an annoying smile.