Chapter 62: Bad feelings

And here's another one. A little hint: less than 5 chapters are left to this story :)
For now, enjoy!

“Mark?” 

I interrupt my walking and my whistling, and as I turn around I see who was calling me. Her pale skin is almost reflecting the light emanated by the 6th floor's sky, while her crimson eyes are shining bright. She’s got a cute smile on her face, which brings out her more childish side, if you will. 

“Hey there. What can I do for you?” I ask politely. 

“Eh, well…you could start by telling me how your training went.” 

It’s such a shame that someday, when I put my plan into action, the dream of an eternity together with Shalltear is going to be destroyed. 

“Pretty good.” I say, stretching my arms out.

“Those new clothes look good on you, by the way. You look…in your element.” Shalltear points out with an extremely adorable giggle. 

"Heh, thanks. They’re really comfy."

I still don't know if these clothes suit me. The red shirt is kind of...well, it stands out. I don't know if I like it, honestly. And the same goes for the pants, since they're a bit too anonymous...I really don't want to change my clothing another time, but I have to if it's needed. Ugh, I'm so picky...I hate myself so much sometimes.

Shalltear, while I'm lost in my useless thoughts about the way I dress, walks up to me and grabs my arm, teleporting us in front of my room. 

“There you go. Wash up, relax, and come to me when you feel like it. Alright?” 

It’s gonna be hard, I know…I can’t get rid of somebody as beautiful and amazing as her…but this isn’t right. It’s a curse, that’s what it is. And curses are things you launch on your enemies, not the ones you love. 

I smile slightly and take a look at the door in front of me, letting out a small cough. 

“Sure. Thanks.” 

“Not a problem! Later, cutie!” 

And I’m alone again. I miss Lupusregina…I wish she could see what I saw, that she understood what really happened…but I guess it’s too late now. The only thing keeping my mind off her has been training…not even Shalltear, not even laughing and joking with Zaryusu and Zenberu, not even talking to Tuare. She’s been the only thing in my mind this past month. 

I open the door, with a very long sigh, and step inside. My room is exactly how I left it: perfectly tidy and sparkling. I like keeping my own room clean. After a quick bath, as I only have my pants on, I end up looking at myself in the mirror. At all the scars on my body. 

There’s so many of them, I couldn’t count them if I wanted to. And the great majority were made by Shalltear. But I’m kinda over that now, even though she sometimes still hesitates to take my clothes off. Oh well, I can understand why. Either way, I'm going to break this curse somehow, and maybe Shalltear will still love me, who knows?

I put my other clothes back on and lay on the bed, on my back. I start whistling a stupid jingle in the meanwhile. 

So…everybody has been having the feeling that “a storm” is brewing. And all of them are probably right. There has been a very weird atmosphere in and outside of Nazarick lately, and also in the whole Sorcerer Kingdom. And frankly, I agree with them. At the moment, though, I don't really have space in my mind to worry about the big picture. The only thing I'm unhappy about right now is the fact that Lupusregina hates me. I want my friend back…