Chapter 5: Another argument, another oath

*Shalltear POV*

"Shalltear." 

I take a look behind me and I see guess who behind me. 

The brainless duck.

"What is it?" I hiss and keep walking without looking at her. 

"Shalltear, stop walking and look at me." 

She always thinks she can give me orders whenever she likes, the bitch. 

"Why should I?" I ask annoyed. 

"Because you obey the orders of your superiors, that's why." 

There's one small detail she didn't account for. 

"I only obey my superiors when I'm at work. Today's my free day, so don't bother me with your shenanigans." I say in a pleased tone and I take a disappointed look at Albedo. 

"But...you…" 

"Me what? Find a reasonable excuse why I should obey you on my free day and then come back." 

She's so stupid sometimes.

"Oh, I will, my dear fake boobs, don't worry." 

Tsk. Such a low blow it doesn't even make me angry. 

"You're so pathetic, Albedo. Find another insult to throw at me, the fake boobs one is getting boring." I answer and laugh in her face, as I turn around and stop walking. 

"You're an insensitive bitch, that's what you are." Albedo says between her teeth and her usual purple aura forms around her. 

"I know I am, dear. Thank you for the compliment." I say giving Albedo a grin and a wink. 

Then she lets out a scream of anger and throws a spear of light at me, but I block it with my finger. 

"You should try harder if you want to hurt me. Plus, Lord Ainz won't be pleased to know you attacked one of your subordinates on her free day. Hehehe!" 

I immediately teleport away to in front of Lord Ainz's room, and I find no other than Demiurge waiting for me. 

"Shalltear, what a surprise seeing you here. Are you here to request an audience with Lord Ainz?" He asks adjusting his glasses. 

"I am, Demiurge. But it's not an urgent matter, I can wait." I answer letting out a giggle. 

Demiurge nods and smiles in his usual strangled fox way. 

"I'll check if Lord Ainz is available, wait here please." 

I give Demiurge a wink and a small bow as he walks through the tall wooden doors and closes them behind him. 

I can't wait to savour every moment of what's going to happen. 

After a minute or so, Demiurge comes back outside and opens a door for me, then he gestures me to walk in. 

"I'll make it quick, don't worry." I say as I walk in and I find Lord Ainz sitting behind his desk, with Narberal by his side. 

"Thank you for receiving me, Lord Ainz." I say as I immediately bow and lower my head.

"Hm. Get up, Shalltear, and tell me what brought you here." 

He's so fucking attractive…

I do as I'm told and I clear my throat. 

"Yes, Lord Ainz. Today, as you know, it is my free day…" I start searching for approval. 

"Yes, I am aware. I was the one to give you a day of rest."