Chapter 47: Catching up

Hello there, it's me! Sorry again for the lack of updates, it's just that I'm not feeling very happy lately...but let's be honest y'all aren't here to listen to me rambling about my personal issues, so I'll cut this short in just a moment. For now, thank you for reading and for your patience and let's get to the chapter, shall we?

Last night Shalltear left me quite perplexed. Apparently she had a dream where she saw me die, and she was sure it was some sort of premonitory dream. She said she'd seen me get skewered multiple times, exactly 7. She didn't see by who, but it must've been soldiers or guards of some sort. I don't really believe in dreams and stuff, so I didn't really care, even if I did reassure Shalltear about it. I'm not the kind of guy to get triggered over a dream. These past days I also had the chance to...rework my "battle outfit". Since the coat and gloves were very uncomfortable I decided to stick with a black hooded cape. It's way more comfortable, and it gives me a more...serious look. I'm not wearing it now though, there's no point in wearing it on a morning, when I woke up an hour ago, and when I'm waiting for everybody to come back. Actually, I'm mostly waiting for Lupusregina and Tuare to come back, even though Tuare will probably already be busy with her work. Maybe it's kind of...stupid to wait near the maid's room here on the 9th floor, but I had nothing else to do. When I woke up I really didn't have anything useful to do. I wonder what my mother is doing now...she's probably in her workshop as of right now, not working and chatting with her clients. At least she's happy without me, so we both win. 

"Well well well, who do we have here!"
I snap out of my daydreaming and see Lupusregina in front of me. 

She hasn't changed one bit...

I don't say anything, I smile at the werewolf and wink stupidly, immediately asking myself why I just did that. 
"Aww, not even an "I missed you"?" Lupusregina jokes with a happy and friendly chuckle. I let out a small laugh as well and shake my head, and I'm about to say something when Lupusregina hugs me with enormous strength, almost choking me.
"You must've been so lonely without me these days huh? It's almost like..." 
She stops in the middle of the sentence and sniffs a couple of times, then she breaks away and raises an eyebrow with a knowing look. 
"You smell...good. Like flowers...that is not normal!" 

Ah...shit. Well, she kinda already knows so I might as well explain the rest. 

"Well if you were thinking we fucked...well, you're right."  I mutter and blush a little. Actually a lot.
"Ah, so it didn't all go to shit in the matter of a minute like I thought it would! You managed to keep this up so far, good job!" 

Yeah, surprisingly I did. I didn't think I'd actually end up...not dead, but it looks like all the shit and the hard work paid off. Now I could even say I'm happy, but I don't wanna push it too much, so I'll stick with "not sad" for the moment . 

"I am surprised myself. So...I guess that from tomorrow we will resume our usual trip around the woods?" I ask hopeful, wanting to spend some time with my friend. 
"Nope! You see, while I have been doing the morning trip in the woods with you, at the same time I was tasked with protecting the village of Carne, so I'll spend my mornings there! And, get ready, so will you! I asked Lord Ainz if I could take you with me there, and he said yes! We're gonna have a lot of fun there, you'll see! But Lord Ainz specifically asked you, no wait, actually he strictly prohibited you from hurting any of the humans there. This is a very important thing, so keep it in mind. Oh, and if you were worried about the means of transportation...wait you know where Carne is right?" 

Well this is a lot of info to take in so suddenly, but alright. I'm down for anything, as long as it's with Lupusregina.

"Yeah. I lived not too far from there in my first years after I was born. But now it's become a sort of fortified city, right?" I ask curiously.