Chapter 21: Confusion

Alright, here we are!" Lupusregina yells pointing around her with her arm. 

Yeah, the Amphitheatrum is always a breathtaking sight. 

"Here we are." I repeat. 
"Here we are indeed, Mark!" 

Oh please no, not her. 

I take a very deep breath and turn around, then I give Shalltear a very fake smile. 
"Good day, boss. How are you?" I say trying to resist the urge to strangle her. 
"I'm great, I slept like a baby last night! So, are you ready for training with your new weapon? I still didn't know what you chose!" 

Her voice is getting on my nerves for some reason.

I take a quick look at Lupusregina and she rolls her eyes and looks at me like "I know, don't worry".
"Well, you're gonna see now aren't you?" I ask shrugging. 
"Y-yes...but...nevermind." 

I don't know why but seeing her sad warms my heart. 
And it stabs it at the same time. 

Then a good 10 minutes of greetings and such with Aura, Mare and Cocytos.  
After Cocytos tells me how to handle the sword, how to hit, to dodge, to block and stuff, he summons a skeleton with a sword and tells me to duel with it, not to kill it. At least until he says so. He makes me go on for about 10 minutes, then he authorizes me to kill my opponent.

Good thing I already know how to use a sword. As I've said, I knew a blacksmith and he basically trained me my whole "childhood", since he's an ex-soldier.

After that, he makes me do some more dueling exercises, and I end up very tired at the end of my training. 
"You did good. I'm taking you already knew how to use a sword." Cocytos says. 
"Yes. A blacksmith in E-Rantel taught me." 
"You did good, kid!" Lupusregina yells and gives me a thumbs up. 
Cocytos hands me a belt and a scabbard where I can put my new sword in, and he tells me to come back tomorrow at the same time. After saying goodbye to everybody, including Lupusregina, I start walking on my own all the way back to the 1st floor. At least until Shalltear comes up to me with a very annoying grin. 
"You did good before! I didn't know you knew how to use a sword!" She says too excitedly. 
"Mhm." 
"You want me to teleport you back to your room?" She suddenly asks. 

She's so confusing...one moment she's this kind and thoughtful, and the next she's a murderous bitch.

"Oh? Yeah, thanks." I mutter. She grabs my arm and takes me in front of my room, then she looks at me with an interrogative smile and an eyebrow raised. 
"Mark? Is something bothering you?" 

Now how do I behave? 

I see a glimpse of...something, in her eyes, just for a second, then her face turns normal again.
"What? No...it's nothing." I whisper and look down.
"Mark...I can tell something's wrong, you know." She says with a very sweet voice. 
"What? No...I'm just tired. That's all. Thanks anyway for worrying."

Be professional and concise. 

"Are you sure?" She asks with a sad look. 
"Yeah...thanks." I say and give her a fake and tired smile. Shalltear reaches out with a hand and lays it on my right cheek, then she lightly starts rubbing her thumb on it.
"Mark...I'm worried about you, you know." 

She's being so fucking confusing. 
Remember, don't trust her. I can't open up any more to her. 

I take a step back and clear my throat, then I nod. 
"Yeah...me too." 

There's two possible cases here: one, she's a really good actress, or two, she's being honest. But considering my previous experiences, I'd say it's the first one.

"Mark. Please let me know if you're not feeling well, alright? And...can I give you a piece of advice? Don't trust the red haired wolf girl. She only wants to take you away from me... I'm the only one who truly cares about you." 

Okay, what?!  

I start blushing and raise my eyebrows. 
"Th-thanks for the advice, boss. I'll keep it in mind." I say and smile falsely again. 
"Good boy. Meet me in my room in an hour, there's something I need you to do." She says and walks away. 

I don't know what to say, except…
I'm fucked. 

I get in my room and slam the door, and I find Tuare?! in front of me. 
"Mark! You scared me! I was just finishing up cleaning your room." She says and smiles. I keep my eyes looking straight in front of me for a few seconds, then I sit on the bed and bury my head in my hands. 
"Mark? Are you alright?"
I sigh, then I look up at Tuare and shake my head. 
"Sit down. I've got a lot of stuff to tell you, and not much time." I start.
Tuare tilts her head to the side and sits next to me.
"I'm here. What is it?" 
"I haven't seen you in a couple of days. And too much stuff happened. So...where the hell do I start?" I ask myself as I start thinking. 
"You don't seem like you're having a good time...is there anything I can do to help?" She asks worried. 
I think for a second, then I look at her with a very slight smile.
"Yeah. Kill me."