Chapter 36: A blessing and a curse

And here it is! I managed to upload something at least! I'll try to get completely back to working order ASAP. For now, thanks for your patience and enjoy! :)

Nobody gets in between me and him.
But what did he mean by that? I mean, he hates me. Why would he say such a thing? Oh well, I'll just keep watching him for a while, I've got nothing else to do.

After he's done catching his breath, he takes another look at his...masterpiece, then he grabs the basket and starts heading back to Nazarick, probably. After a few steps he stops, turning on his heels and walking back to the corpse, searching for anything valuable.
"This might be nice…"
He stuffs something in his pocket and starts walking again. I keep following him at a distance, making sure I don't get caught. At some point, as he's almost in Nazarick, he starts whistling some stupid jingle.

He looks surprisingly happy. He has been back in Nazarick for a day or so, and after all he's been through he looks so happy! How?! He's so weird sometimes...
Meh, time to head back.

I teleport myself back to Nazarick on the first floor and I start "casually" walking to the entrance, and I "casually" run into Mark.
"Oh, hello there." He  says, happily greeting me.

Yeah, something's wrong with him.

"H-hey…so you're all covered in blood…I imagine you had fun…" I say feeling quite perplexed. Faking, of course.
"Yeah, let's say that. Here."
He hands me the basket full of herbs and after a quick look I see he got everything I needed.
"Thanks. You should…take a bath, and take the rest of the afternoon off." I suggest.
"Are you sure there's nothing else I can do for you?"

He sounds disappointed. Should I make him do something else…?

"Well…take a bath first. I'll come to you if I need anything else."

He seems to have forgotten completely about…everything else. Is this a way to make me feel guilty?

"Will do."
"Mark?" I start unsurely. I don't really know how to behave in this situation, especially considering the fact that he's acting completely different than I'd expected.
"Yeah?"

Should I ask him?

"Um…are we good? Your behavior has changed completely since you came back…"

Wait, it must be because I gave him my blood. Now he doesn't hate me because of my blood…or something.

"Am I doing something wrong? I'll do whatever you ask me to, if it's to make you happy."

Eh?!

I find myself blushing lightly at what he just said, and I shake my head. For some reason, my heart's beating a little faster than usual.
"No, of course not! It's just…you're being so kind all of a sudden…did you just forget about…you know…"
Mark shakes his head nonchalantly and wipes some blood off his face.
"I didn't."

And? That's all?

"So why are you-"
He interrupts me with a gesture of his hand and smiles very casually.
"When somebody perpetrates an act of kindness, first you accept it and only then do you ask yourself why. Even if you find my way of acting a bit…strange, you should be happy that somebody cares about you."
He smiles again and walks past me, heading to his room.

Was that a declaration of affection?

"Ah…what?! This is so confusing!" I scream to myself once he's gone. I decide I've got nothing else important to do, so I head to my room. I feel like taking a walk.