Chapter 4: Level 80?!

I don’t think I signed up for this. 

I’m in a very big amphitheater, with no audience but Shalltear, the big ice giant from before and the two kids I saw with the tail of my eye. 

“So let me introduce you to these three.” Shalltear starts. 

Okay, I can deal with introductions. 

“As you wish.” I say and nod. 

“He’s Cocytus, the Guardian of the 5th floor.” Shalltear say pointing at the massive ice giant in front of me. 

He’s got...a beetle’s head?!

“It’s a pleasure to meet you…” 

What should I call him? What title should I give him? 

“...Master Cocytus.” I say a bit unsurely. 

Oh, I hope I didn’t screw up. 

Cocytus lets out two steams of breath at his mouth’s sides, and nods. 

Okay, I didn’t fuck up, good. 

“And these two are two twins: two dark elves. She’s Aura, and he’s Mare.” 

HE’S Mare? Well, HE’S a bit effeminate to be honest. 

“It’s a pleasure to meet you too, Miss Aura and Mister Mare.” I say with a smile. 

They’re kids. Two kids. What are two kids doing here?! 

I’m confused. 

The two twins both smile and wave. 

“His name...well you already heard it, it’s Mark. Cocytus, what do think he should start with?” Shalltear says still pretty annoyed. 

“Let’s give him something at Level 10.” Cocytus says in a low and scraping voice. 

“You’re a vampire now, that means boosted senses, speed and constitution. Now, to activate your vampiric abilities, its...well...you just do. I don’t know how to explain it.” Shalltear explains. 

Good. Great, to be exact. 

“And you have regeneration powers. So it’s unlikely you will get slashed to death.” Cocytus adds, blowing some more steam out of his mouth. 

Mildly reassuring. 

Suddenly three skeletons armed with swords and shields pop out from the ground in front of me, and slowly start walking to me. 

Okay, great. 
I don’t know what my powers will be until I try them, right? 

I start running straight at them, and as I take a look at my hands I see they’re engulfed in reddish flames, and that there’s some claws instead of my usual fingernails. 

Okay, I guess I’ll slash them to...death? They’re skeletons, so they’re already dead. 

As one of them swings its sword at me, I dodge it easily and I jump to the side, then I slash its head off and the other bones crumble to the ground. 

Okay, easy. 

The other two attack me simultaneously, but I make a jump and end up behind them, and I feel a lot of anger suddenly building up inside me. 

Then as the two undead start turning around, I take their heads and mash them together, and their bodies crumble like the first one. In a slip of anger I take a bone in my right hand and I break it in half with my hands.