Chapter 55: New training: ζ

Okay, this is probably gonna be my hardest fight yet. Entoma isn’t an opponent to be messed with: she’s a magic caster, which immediately puts me at a disadvantage, first of all. Second of all, she loves using insects and stuff from what I know, and I have no idea what that means. Third, I know she’s hiding herself behind that almost cute mask. Fourth, she’s got good levels even in close combat. All these four things add up in a simple sentence: I am so unbelievably fucked

Yesterday after the fight I didn’t do much other than take a walk outside Nazarick with Lupusregina. I did talk to her about what I want to do with Shalltear though: she was perplexed at first, but after telling her the whole thing she mostly understood my reasons. She was also quite happy because I was finally “getting away from the sharp-toothed bitch”. 

And now here I am, staring Entoma down.

A lonely drop of sweat is flowing down the back of my neck. Entoma’s “face” is the same as always. She doesn’t show any feelings or what not, she’s standing there, waiting for me to make a move. 

Somy best bet is, of course, close combat. But I heard she’s able to duel in close combat pretty well, so I need to be wary of that and, most of all, of any tricks up her sleeve

Cocytus already gave the signal, but she isn’t doing anything. And neither am I. We’re just…studying each other or something. Or maybe she’s just waiting for me to do anything so she can rip my vocal chords off and use them as her own. 
“Since you aren’t deciding yourself, I’ll start you off with this.” Entoma says and throws four small objects on the ground. 

They look to pe playing cardswhat could they be for

After a second or so, the four cards disappear and a fucking giant spider appears between Entoma and me. 
Oh, fuck…”  
The spider starts slowly crawling my way, as I try to keep calm and not panic. I draw my sword and I decide not to light it up for now. It’s a...surprise tool, that will help me later. The spider starts shooting some webs at me, but I either dodge them or cut  them in half with my sword. Some of the webs’ fragments stick to the blade though. I run up to the spider and as it’s probably about to spurt some more webs at me, I throw my sword at it for distraction, making it dodge and lose balance, then I take my knife and jump on the spider’s hairy and sticky back. 
“So gross…”  
The spider starts trying to…unsaddle me, but I’m quick enough to stick the knife in its head, making the creature and myself tumble on the ground. The spider disappears and I put my knife back, then I rush to pick my sword up and keep my eyes on Entoma. She didn’t move an inch. 
“Not bad…my turn again.” 
She summons two very weird...insects, one of which attaches to one of her arms and that looks like a sword, the other one attaches to her other arm. And it’s probably a shield. 
I nod, make a small grin and put myself in fighting stance, sword in hand. Entoma comes up to me slowly, then she starts taking surprisingly strong blows at me with her...broadsword?!