Chapter 7: Crying, dusting and yelling

*Mark POV* 

What Sebas said left me...stoned. He was probably just joking with me, everybody seems to love joking with one another here. But something tells me he isn't the kind of guy to be joking around, especially on serious stuff like that. I shouldn't bring this up with Shalltear though, it'd be a rather stupid thing to do, considering she probably has some bad intentions towards me.

"It seems I just can't get my head around...anything." I muse to myself and start walking up and down my room.

And it's true unfortunately. I haven't been able to get my head around a single thing since I've been here: the rivalry between that Albedo and Shalltear, the fact that everybody's a weirdo or unkind, Ainz himself, what Sebas said...nothing makes sense.

I sigh and lay back on my bed, and I start massaging my forehead. I've had a headache since I've gotten back in my room.

I thought this was gonna be a change for the better, but apparently I was wrong. At least, so far. The thing that's bugging me the most is what Sebas told me not so long ago.

I've heard there's a bar or something on Shalltear's floor, but sincerely I can't be bothered to look for it. I can't be bothered to do anything right now, to be honest, I just feel like crying. And that's exactly what I do, I bury my face in the pillow and start crying silently, for minutes, hours, I don't know how long, until there's a knock on the door.

"Come in." I mutter as I raise my head from the pillow, then the door slowly opens and I lay my head down again.

And guess who's there? No other than my boss.

"Um...I've got a job for you." I hear Shalltear say a bit perplexed. 
I sit up, but I keep avoiding eye contact with her and I look down.
"What is it?" I ask with an emptied voice.
"You...need to dust the furniture in my room, it's been a while since anyone has done it."

She sounds a bit...worried? Weirded out?

I get up and walk past her and out of my room, then I head to hers.
"Hey wait! I didn't tell you where the sweeper is!" I hear Shalltear shouting behind me, so I turn around and look at her, and she suddenly raises her eyebrows.
"What...have you been crying?" She asks confused.
"Can you stop pretending you give a shit about me and tell me where the damn sweeper is?" I say briskly making Shalltear take a step back.
"I...down the hall, last door to the left. You'll find everything you need there. And look, I'm not-"
"Save it, okay? I'm not gonna be alive for much longer anyway, am I?" I ask coldly, and I see Shalltear imperceptibly twitching back.
"What? What do you mean?"

So the things are two here: she's playing dumb or she really doesn't know what I'm talking about. But her body language suggests that the situation is more similar to the first option.

"You should've just killed me in the first place, instead of making me believe I was actually useful to you." I say between my teeth.
I keep my red and bloodshot eyes on Shalltear and her expression gradually turns sour. Then a red aura starts forming around her and she starts looking very angry, but after a few seconds it vanishes and her angry face turns into a serious one.
"I'll tell you the truth then. I'm-"
"I don't want to hear another word from you. You can go and tell the one you're in love with that your little slave disrespected you, I don't care. Things couldn't be worse anyway. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a job to do."
I turn around and walk to the room where I'm supposed to pick up the duster, and after a bit of searching I find it, then I walk to Shalltear's room and start dusting.

It's actually relaxing, for some reason.
Here in Nazarick I lose track of time too easily, also probably because I don't see the sunlight very often.