Chapter 3: To Nazarick

Well, here I am. 
She was probably just fucking with me when she told me to come back. 
I shouldn't have trusted her in the first place and I should've just run away. 
But then she would have probably chased me and made me suffer a horrible death. 

"Life is a challenge, isn't it…" I whisper and let out a yawn. 

"It sure is, human." I hear the same high-pitched voice from yesterday behind me, so I jump up again and turn around. 

But this time she's not covered by shadows. 

"I didn't hear you c-coming, Miss Bloodfallen." I stutter and gulp. 

"You couldn't have heard me in any way, but I appreciate the politeness, hehe! You've started becoming kinder, I see." 

What? Okay, sure. 

"S-so, have you decided what you're going to do with me? I've been-" 

"You're getting straight to the point aren't you? I like that. And yes, I have decided. I'm going to let you live." 

Oh come on! Really?!

I open my mouth to object, but then I realize it's not a good idea and I sigh. 

"And that's it? I'm just going to be free?" I ask confused. 

"No no no, cutie...you didn't understand. I am going to let you live...but I'm going to kill you as well." 

Wait, what?! 

"Wh-what? I d-don't understand h-how-" 

"Ba-ba-ba? Y-you d-don't understand? L-let m-me explain th-then!" Shalltear jokes and lets out a small chuckle. 

I'm...confused. How is she going to kill me and let me live? I'd have to be some sort of undead to…
Wait. 
She's a vampire. 
And a vampire is a type of undead. 
And vamps can...am I going to be vampirized? 

"Very good, you guessed it!" 

What? Can she read my mind?! 

"Of course I can read your mind, stupid. I decided that killing you on the spot would be doing you a favor. So I'll make you live forever under my command,  hehehe!" 

Oh, awesome. Now not only do I get an eternal life serving a vampire, but I get turned into one. 

"Exactly." 

Right, I forgot she could read my mind. 
This could actually be a good thing though. I mean, I'll never see those two assholes of my mum and Gauff again, I'll hopefully get a proper job, instead of being enslaved by Gauff and I'll meet interesting people. 

"Oh now you're happy with what I decided? Weird…" She makes a perplexed face and rolls her eyes. 

"Whatever my fate will be, I'll be happy as long as you are." I say and do a small bow. 

"Hmm...that's the spirit! I see you're already getting in the mood to serve me!" 

I don't have any other choice do I? 

"Of course you don't! Now...extend your neck." 

Okay then. 

"Should I stand, sit down, or…" 

Shalltear thinks for a second, then she shrugs. 

"I'd advise you to lay down, since you'll pass out after the bite. But the choice is yours…" She finishes with another creepy giggle, making me get a chill.