Promise: Sam Winchester X Reader

You and Sam lie together on the couch, Sam's strong arms wrapped around you. Smiling, he kisses your protruding belly, which holds his unborn daughter.

You sigh and look up at him,"I can't wait. Only a couple days until she's due." Sam grins and chuckles,"Well, don't be too eager. She'll be here in time." With this he kisses you and you go lay down in bed with him.

Suddenly at one in the morning, you get painful stomach cramps. You get up and go to get a glass of water. Standing at the fridge, a warm liquid begins to run down your legs. It's not pee, it's clear. Oh god...

You fall to your knees, screaming for Sam, who comes running. He sees you surrounded by your water. The glass that you had has shattered. Barefoot, Sam comes to your rescue. Shushing and comforting you, he picks you up bridal style, something he hasn't done since your wedding day. He winces as he steps on shards of glass and you cry into his shoulder.

Pain shoots through your body. "Sam.." You manage to pant out,"The baby.."

He strokes your head as he puts the car into gear and pulls out of the drive,"Shh, you'll be okay."

He makes a call to Dean that his niece  will be coming sooner than expected and Dean agrees to meet you at the hospital.

Once you've made it to the hospital, the nurses lift you onto a stretcher. They are shouting things to each other, but you only see Sam. He has tears streaming down his face as Dean tries to comfort him. The brothers follow the stretcher to the Maternity Ward, but are stopped by a nurse.

"Sorry, guys. She is in labor now and its best if she is by herself." She says. Sam moves towards me,"No, I'm her husband, I need to be with her." The nurse sighs and leads him behind a curtain.

Suddenly, the shooting pain comes back, but this time it stays. A nurse comes in and looks you in the eyes,"Honey, you're in labor. We're gonna get this baby out of you, don't you worry." She props your legs up and stands in front of you.

Sam bursts out from behind the curtain, wearing scrubs and looking scared. He comes over and grips your hand, kissing your slightly sweaty forehead.

The pain returns to your lower regions and you bite your lip to keep from screaming. The nice nurse from earlier smiles at you,"Oh, honey go ahead and scream. It'll do you good."

With that, you let out a moan and squeeze Sam's hand. He begins to shush and comfort you. With each push, a new pain is unleashed. Squeezing Sam's hand has turned your knuckles white. Sam is looking pale, worried for the safety of you and the baby.

Suddenly all the pain extinguishes, like a candle. You hear your baby cry out. The nurse smiles as she cuts the umbilical cord and holds the baby where you can see it,"There she is!" You turn to Sam and grin. He smiles back at you, color slowly returning to his face.

The nurses take the baby away to clean and weigh her, while you and Sam talk.

"What do you want to name her?" You ask Sam. He smiles,"I like Addison."

You think about the name," Addison Grace Winchester." Sam nods in approval.

Suddenly, the room begins to spin. You feel a slight pain in your stomach. You grasp Sam's hand looking for stability. "Honey? Honey, are you okay?" he asks frantically.

You collapse on the bed and Sam presses the call button.Your eyes begin to close,"Sam." you gasp out. He pushes the hair off your forehead,"What, sweetie?"

Your eyes are dangerously close to being closed,"Take care of Addison. Tell her to remember me."

Sam's tears fall onto your wrist,"Honey, please just hold on." As the doctor runs into the room, you close your eyes for the final time.

After the doctor pronounces you dead, Sam is granted the ability to see the baby.

As the nurses hand him the baby, her little fingers wrap around his thumb. The soft pink blanket practically swallows her up, and Sam looks at her with loving eyes. As she drifts into sleep, he whispers in her ear,"I love you, Addison. Your mommy did too. So much that she died for you."