Freak: Sherlock One Shot

John closed the door to the flat, trying to maintain his level-headedness. Sherlock was really starting to get on his nerves.

Sherlock muttered to himself and stared into the microscope on the desk while John pulled out his laptop and tried his hardest to blog.

The words on the screen swam before his eyes as Sherlock's violin filled the room. He had been playing the same song for weeks now. John knew it by heart and was sure he could play it on the piano if he tried.

This went on for hours. John tried to blog but to no avail. He made tea and tried to calm his nerves. He tried hard to lower his temper but nothing seemed to work.

As Sherlock picked up a gun and began firing at the wall, John stood up angrily,"Fpr once in your life, could you try and act like a normal human and not be some freak?!" He yelled, all his anger boiling over.

John felt sick as he watched every wall that had come down since they had moved in together be built back up. Sherlock's eyes became clouded and cold. The light that normally shined in them was replaced with dimness and gray. Sherlock set the gun down and his breathing became ragged, almost as if he would start crying.

The next words broke John's heart:

"You're the only one who's never called me that."

John's heart ached as he watched Sherlock pick up the violin and walk into his room. Closing the door, Sherlock began to play a heartwrenchingly sad tune.

The words echoed in John's mind and he didn't even try to hold back tears as he repeated the words in his mind:

"You're the only one who's never called me that."