Heartbreak Pt. 2: Loki x Child!Reader

Part 2 of Heartbreak. Previously, Loki saved your from your abusive stepfather and you considered him your father. SHIELD came for Loki and took you in as well.

Steve's POV

It's been three days and [Y/N] still hadn't said a word to anyone. We had assumed that she would at least click with Bruce and Tony, seeing as she was so smart, but nothing.

Finally I got the okay from Fury to take her to see the only person she truly cared about and who cared about her.

The only light in the room was a small lamp that sat on the nightstand next to the bed. Her Y/H/C hair fell over her face as she scrolled through a website called Tumblr on her laptop. I knocked on the doorframe,"Y/N?"

She looked up at me in acknowledgement, no smile, no expression. I smiled,"Fury said I can take you to see your dad tomorrow."

Her eyes lit up like a christmas tree and she pushed the hair out of her face. I smiled,"Go to sleep. I'll take you after breakfast in the morning."

She nodded, closing the laptop gently and clicking the lamp off. I smiled at her,"Goodnight, [Y/N]."

"Goodnight, Steve." A small voice said.

I froze and smiled. Finally.

The next morning, [Y/N] bounded out of her room, all smiles. She ate quickly, so fast I thought she would vomit. 

True to my word, I took her down to the prison barracks to see her father.

I sat in her in a room that held only two chairs and a table. She stared at the door anxiously.

When a guard opened the door, revealing Loki, who was no longer handcuffed. The little girl's eyes widened and she ran to Loki, who held his arms open. [Y/N]'s body began to shake as she sobbed into Loki.

Loki closed his eyes tightly as he clung to his daughter,"It's okay, darling. Everything's okay. I'm here."

[Y/N] shook her head,"I don't want to be here. I want to go home." She pleaded. Loki opened his eyes and they widened at the realization that he would never be able to take her home.

The god hugged her even tighter,"I know, sweetheart. Just hold on."

I let the two hold each other and talk for about two hours, then it took me, Tony and Natasha to coax her to come out.

As they cuffed Loki again, I walked over. The god, whose eyes were red-rimmed from crying, spoke with poison in his voice,"You haven't told her have you? About the execution?"

I shook my head as I watched Natasha and Tony talk to the distressed girl on the other side of the glass.

"Before they kill me," Loki spoke up,"Tell [Y/N] I love her and I never meant for it to be like this."

I turned back to Loki and nodded,"I will." I walked towards the door when his voice rang out again,"Rogers?" I turned back, my hand on the doorknob. His eyes were full of love and worry as he spoke his next words:

"Take care of my daughter."