4.

I was sweating like crazy. I finished cheer practice and was leaving the school. Jughead said he would come soon to pick me up. I felt a hand around my arm. I turned and saw Kevin.

"Kevin!" I hugged him tight.

"Hey Betty!"

Kevin went on vacation so I haven't seen him this entire summer. I let go of him.

"How are you?" I ask excited.

"I am fantastic, my summer was amazing" 

"Hey um" he signals me to come close.

He whispers in my ear "Did Archie get over Cheryl?"

I laugh out loud and nod at the same time.

"Okay" he laughs. "I was just wondering cause you know, that ginger lost a lot of tears and booger's last year when Cheryl told him that she was dating Toni."

"I know, I've never seen him cry so much" I say honestly.

"I didn't know that straight boys could cry, they're always the ones making girls cry"

Kevin is a mood. Correction Kevin is my spiritual animal.

"Are you waiting for someone?" He asked.

"Jughead"

Shit! I said his name way too fast. Kevin gave me a look and smiled.

"So you're finally dating him, oh my god"

"No Kevin it's not"

"Shh! Betty we all knew it was gonna happen"

"Not like that Kevin, he said he would give me a ride after cheer" I said turning pink.

He scoffed. "Damn it, I thought you finally got that edgy handsome fucker"

"Oh my god" I sigh.

"Oh I think that's him right there" Kevin points. I look and see a familiar motorcycle.

"Yep that's him, bye Kevin"

"Bye Betty Jones, I mean Cooper"

I flip him off and he does the same as we walk separate ways.

I get on the motorcycle and wrap my arms around him. He starts driving off and I lay my head on his back.

"So you're finally dating him, oh my god"

No. Me and Jughead are just friends. Best friends. We've always been best friends. But something feels different now. Our friends never assumed we were dating, suddenly now they are.

"Betty we're here"

Well that was a short ride. I looked through my bag for my keys. I started panicking when I couldn't find them.

"Crap, I left my keys in my locker"

"Is your mom home" he asked.

"She's out of town with Edgar"

"Do you wanna stay at my place"

I hesitated. Yeah I've stayed over at Jughead's house a bunch of times but now it feels....peculiar.

I nodded slowly and got back on the motorcycle.

*public service announcement* in Riverdale Jughead lives in Betty's house because Alice sold the house or something, idk I need to catch up...but for this story we're gonna pretend that Jughead doesn't live in a trailer and that he lives in an apartment with his dad and jellybean.

Jughead drove away from my house all the way to his apartment. We went up to his floor and entered.

"Jellybean is staying over at my mom's house and my dad is working late so we have the place to ourselves" He informed me.

"Okay, also I don't have pajamas" I said knowing what that would mean.

"You can't sleep in your practice clothes?"

I pouted and looked at Jughead with my sad puppy eyes. He chuckled.

"Fine...  you can wear one of my shirts" he smiled.

I quickly ran into his room and opened his closet. I took off my shirt and put on his. It fit big on me but that's the whole point. I took my hair tie out and let my hair fall to my shoulders. I kept my shorts on and took off my shoes. I neatly placed my stuff on the floor and skipped to the kitchen. Jughead looked at me and smirked.

"You look so cute"

My heart stopped for a minute and I could feel my face burn. Did he just call me cute? He got up and walked closer to me.

"I mean you always look cute but seeing you wear my clothes is just, breathtaking."

I backed up into a wall and he put his arm on it. He got really close to my face and smirked.

"You hungry?"

He backed away and went over to the fridge. I felt paralyzed. My face was red, my heart was about to explode, I couldn't speak.

"I-uh-I-ye-uh"

He raised his eyebrow, "Yes?"

I nodded quickly. He chuckled went over to the cabinets and took out two plates.

"I'll get the food ready, you can watch tv if you want"

I couldn't speak, so I just nodded and walked away from the kitchen as fast as I could. I sat down and gulped. My hands were shaking like crazy. What just happened?! I rubbed my eyes and checked my phone.

One new message from Veronica

V- Kevin just told me that Jughead gave you a ride home on his motorcycle, ugh what a gentleman, I'm just putting my opinion out on the table: you guys do make a cute couple.