10.

I ran and ran. I was on my way home from picking up the Chinese food that I ordered. You see Edgar is cooking tonight and I'm not trying to get poisoned. I opened the door and there they were on the table eating like normal.

"Betty, where were you?" My mom asked.

"Picking up my Chinese food" I said.

Edgar scoffed, "this is why you're fat, sit down and eat a salad".

"Umm, excuse me, number one, I never asked for your stupid opinions Edgar, number two, fuck you!" I went up the stairs angrily.

I slammed my door and sat on my bed. Stupid fucking Edgar, can't let me eat my Chinese food in peace. I started munching on my food harshly. Out of nowhere I got a call. I rolled my eyes and answered.

"What?!" I said.

I heard a familiar chuckle, "Betts chill out"

I looked at who I was talking to. Of course it was Jughead.

"Jug, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to talk harshly to you" I bit my lip.

"It's fine, is everything okay?" He asked.

"It's Edgar, he's being annoying" I took a bit out of my chicken.

"Edgar is a really big problem that your mom should get rid of" he said.

I heard him eating something.

"Are you eating something?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm eating Chinese Food"

"Me too!" I said excitedly.

We both laughed and continued talking.

"Just don't listen to Edgar, he needs to mind his own business" Jughead said

"Yep"

"So, any boy on your mind recently?" He asked.

I stopped. Shit shit shit. I can't lie, we've never lied to each other. But I also can't tell the truth, I'm still trying to process this.

"Ummmmm, any girl on your mind?" I asked.

"Oh so there is a boy you like" he said.

"What? No! Wait? How do you know?" I asked

"You're denying and trying to change the subject, so who is it?" He asked.

My heart was beating super fast. My face was turning red. No words came out of my mouth. FUCK! How am I supposed to answer this?! He knows me too well, he'll know if I'm lying.

"Oh shit" he said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Josie and Veronica are gonna fight" he said.

I got up from my bed, "Wait why?!"

"I don't know but Josie just sent me something and I think they're gonna fight today at this weird place, like right now"

"Jughead pick me up, we're going to that place right now"

I hung up and put on my shoes. I don't know what the hell is going on with them but I'm about to find out.

———————-

Jughead went super fast, extremely fast. I had to hold on tighter than I normally do. We arrived and we saw a crowd of people that go to our school.

"Betty! Jughead!" Archie yelled.

Jughead and I ran over to him.

"Where's Veronica?!" I asked.

"I don't know" he answered.

Out of nowhere a loud scream was heard. We all looked around and Ethel came out from some trees dragging something.

"Someone help her! Help her!" She yelled.

"Oh my god" Jughead whispered.

Veronica looked like she had been drown. She had a bloody nose and lip. Black and blue formed around her eye. She wasn't trying to move and she was coughing a lot. Archie took out his phone and called an ambulance.

People were freaking out. They tried to get near her but she was throwing up and bleeding so much. Josie came out.

We all looked at her.

"Betty" Jughead called my name. I got closer to him and he wrapped his arms around me.

"This is what happens! This is what happens when you try to steal my boyfriend!!" She yelled. She picked up Veronica and slapped her.

"This is what happens Veronica! You kissed Archie and you thought you could get away with it!"

Veronica received a punch this time.

"Get off of her!" Cheryl got close but stopped.

Josie held a knife close to Veronica's neck. "One more step and Veronica goes, bye bye"

We all stayed back. The ambulance was coming near. Along came the police. Josie scratched Veronica's neck with the knife and ran away.

————-

We were at the hospital. Well just me, Jughead, and Archie. It was crazy. So many people tried to chase after Josie or tried to help Veronica. Archie got up from his chair.

"Imma go use the bathroom" he walked away.

I rubbed my eyes and sighed. Jughead's arm was around my shoulder.

"Are you tired" he asked.

I nodded. "But I'm gonna wait until Veronica wakes up."

I threw my head back and sighed again.

"If you want, I can just take you home" Jughead insisted.

"No, Veronica's my best friend and I'm going to wait" I said.

"Ouch"

I giggled and slapped him playfully. "Can I lay on your shoulder?" I asked.

He nodded, "sit on my lap"

I hesitated but soon I got up and sat down on his lap. I rested my head on the crook of his neck. He wrapped his arms around me and whispered, "Sleep, I'll wake you up if they tell us anything about Veronica".

And with that, my eyes closed and I fell asleep on Jughead.

———

So this chapter was crazy...

Also I want to apologize for some of the cringe writing there is in Run Away Love. I am deeply sorry for that 😂. At the time I thought I was being smart, but reading it now I realize I was an idiot.

"I didn't eat you so nothing important" was one of the things I regret writing. I am so sorry 😂.

Question of the day- How many celebrity crushes do you have?
My answer- I have about 20 😂