20.

Math. The most boring subject in the entire world. I was trying not to fall asleep, Ethel was knocked out, so was half the class.

"How much longer do we have to be here?" Archie asked.

"Archie, it's only been 5 minutes" Jughead whispered back.

Archie groaned, and I did too. I started doodling in my notebook. I raise my hand slowly.

"Yes Betty" the teacher stopped writing on the board.

"May I go to the bathroom?"

She nodded. I stood up and walked to the bathroom.

——

I was washing my hands when a freshman came in crying. She slammed the stall door and kept crying. Her loud sobs made my heart sad. I didn't know this girl but I wanted to see if she was okay. I slowly knocked on the stall door.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

She sniffled. "Yeah I'm fine"

I was about to walk out, but I realized she needed someone to talk to.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes I'm fine"

"Come out of the stall" I said gently.

There was a long pause but eventually she came out. Her black hair was in a neat braid. Her mascara was a little smudged from crying. But it wasn't that noticeable.

"Whats wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing"

"I know we don't really know each other, but it's obvious something is wrong, maybe I can help you, but if I can't, I'm here to listen" I smiled slightly.

She sighed. "Theres this boy, he's been my best friend for two years now, he was my first kiss and I was his, during summer vacation I realized I really liked him, but today I was him hold hands with a really pretty girl."

I chuckled as I got flashbacks of me and Jughead.

"You know, I was in that same situation. Me and this boy were best friends since birth. He was my first kiss too, and I was his. He was always really nice to me. He was and still is a really great guy. It finally hit me one day that I caught feelings for him. I thought about him all the time. One day he told me he a girl, I cried like crazy for three days straight, but I found out that he was talking about me, and now we're dating."

I walked closer to her and put my hand on her shoulder.

"But, don't waste your time crying over some boy, if he doesn't realize how pretty you are, then forget him, besides you're what 15?"

She nodded.

"You have a bunch of time left. Focus on school, I hear the freshman aren't doing so well. Be patient, eventually someone will come along your way"

She nodded again and smiled. "I'm Maggie by the way."

"I'm Betty"

We walked out of the bathroom into the halls together. We were in the bathroom so long that the bell rang and people were getting their stuff out of the lockers to go home.

"Does your boyfriend go to this school?" She asked. 

"Yeah, he's right over there" I pointed to where Jughead was. He was putting away his things in his bag.

"Jug!"

He looked over at me and I waved. He smiled.

"I have to go, it was great meeting you Maggie"

We shook hands. "Remember what I said, okay?"

"Okay, also you and you're boyfriend make a good couple" with that she walked away to her locker.

"Hi Juggy" I smiled.

He handed me my stuff. "You took a while in the bathroom"

"I was talking to this girl" I explained as I opened my locker and took out my bag.

"About what?"

"It's a long story, I don't think you would care"

He sighed, "Fine, keep your secrets"

"Do you want me to tell you?" I asked smiling.

"No no, it's fine" he made a dramatic face.

I laughed and playfully hit his arm. He held my hand and we walked outside together.

———

I don't think you guys will care but this chapter was inspired by me realizing that I need some boy advice soooo...

Question- How can I tell if a boy likes me?

Please help me out. I'm just a dumb girl, who likes a boy and doesn't know what to do cause he keeps giving me mixed signals.