16.

"Explain to me again" Veronica asked.

She got released from the hospital today. I'm helping her with some work she has to make up.

"Do you want to just copy off of my work?" I asked.

She nodded.

She started writing down on her paper. Changing up the words so it doesn't seem suspicious.

"Do you want to stay for dinner?" She asked.

"I'm sorry I can't, I have a huge exam tomorrow and I have to study, you know my mom will kill me if I fail"

After she finished I packed up my things and started heading home. I only walked for five minutes and stopped. I called Jughead to pick me up. When I hung up a feeling of sadness fell over me. This sucks. I like him so much but I have to act as if I don't. He came quickly.

"Hey Betty"

Fuck, he's smiling. His smile makes me weak. I didn't say anything and just went in his car.

"You okay?" His face had worry written all over it.

He doesn't like me. Remember that. He doesn't feel the same way I do.

I gulped and nodded. I didn't make eye contact with him the entire ride. When he got to my house he locked the doors and looked at me.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing" I said.

"Betty, I know you, somethings wrong, what is it?" He asked again.

"Nothings wrong" I sighed.

"Betty you seem sad"

"Jughead Nothing is"

"Betty Just tell me" he interrupted.

"Nothing's going on just leave me alone" I raised my voice.

"Betty, I care about"

"Nothings fucking wrong Jughead!!" I yelled.

He gave me a look. A look filled with fear. We've never yelled at each other. Sure we've argued but most of the time it's a joke.

"I'm sorry" tears entered my eyes. Don't cry don't cry don't cry.

He looked at me upset. It was obvious he was hurt.

"I'm s-sorry I d-d-didn't mean t-to yell" I stuttered.

He unlocked the doors, "I'll see you tomorrow"

"Jug I"

He looked at me and I started crying. I hugged him tightly and cried on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry I don't know what's wrong with me!" I told him as I kept crying.

"Betts"

I looked at him and he wiped away my tears.

"Do you wanna stay at my place tonight, I'm gonna be home alone so"

I nodded. He drove away from my house.

We arrived and I went to the bathroom to wash off my makeup. I came out and he hugged me.

"Do you want to talk?"

I nodded, "Can I wear one of you shirts?"

He took off his leather jacket and my eyes widened. His hands made their way to take off the shirt he was wearing. I wanted to look away but my eyes were glued onto him. He handed me his shirt as he stood there shirtless. I blushed as I looked at his abs. Once again I went to the bathroom and changed.

"So what's wrong?" He asked as we sat down at the couch. He was still shirtless.

"I don't know" I kept my head down.

He lifted it up and asked again, "What's wrong?"

I sighed. "I'm just dealing with some mixed emotions"

"About what?"

"Jughead I"

I hesitated. No. I can't confess. Not now. I gulped again. How I wish I could just tell him how much he effects me. How much I love seeing his smile. How much butterflies flutter in my stomach when I hear his voice. How much I gained feelings for him. But I'd rather not. Three simple words, I like you, can change a lot, for the better or for the worse.

"I feel like my mom cares about Edgar more than she cares about me"

He chuckled. "Come here"

I slowly got up and went over to him. He laid down fully on the couch and stretched out his arms. He pulled me on top of him and hugged me tightly.

"I care about you, I always have and I always will" he said taking off his beanie.

We laid there for a while. I started feeling sleepy. And eventually we fell asleep.

————

Cute bughead chapter.

Question- are you guys tired right now?
My answer- yeah so after this publishes imma take a fat nap