14.

Mom knocked on my door. I wasn't crying anymore but I was still sad.

"Come in"

She opened the door and entered. She closed it quietly and made her way over to my bed.

"Hi" she said.

I stayed quiet and hugged my pillow.

"What's wrong" she gave me sad eyes.

Silence.

"You know you can tell me anything right?"

Silence again.

This time she didn't talk. We just stayed there, not talking, not moving, not making the slightest noise.

"My heart hurts" is all I said before tears started appearing in my eyes.

I started crying again.

"Betty what happened?"

"I fell for him"

"Who?

"Jughead" I whimpered.

I started crying even more. I couldn't stop. It was so painful.

"Sit up"

I sat up and looked at my mom.

"I know I haven't given you much attention lately, and I know you hate it when Edgar comes over, and I'm sorry for choosing him over you, but I'm here now, talk to me, what's happening with Jughead?"

I explained it. I explained everything, and I continued crying. My shirt had some tear stains from crying so much.

Mom stayed quiet. "I don't know what to tell you, I was in love with your father and he turned out to be some murderer, now I'm in love with Edgar and he's some cult leader who's in love with drinking"

I looked at her and sighed. She caressed my cheek and then left my room.

Well that was really helpful. I laid back down and texted Jughead.

B- when are you confessing to her?
J- next week
B- how are you gonna do it?
J- I'm gonna take her somewhere special, and I'm gonna ask her to be my girlfriend

I can't control his feelings. I texted back slowly.

B- I'm excited for you

With that I turned of my phone and closed my eyes.

Flashbacks

Kindergarten

"Juggy, what's your favorite food?" I asked

"Burgers"

"I drew a burger for you!!" I show him my drawing.

Second grade

"Betty are you okay?"

"I'm sick" I coughed.

He hugged me. "You seem cold, here wear my sweater!"

He took off his sweater and handed it to me. I put it on and put my head down comfortably.

Fifth grade

"What's that?" Jughead asked

"It's lipgloss, Veronica wears it, I think I look good with it"

"I think you look good no matter what" he smiled shyly.

Ninth grade

"Jughead it's the first day!! What if I start getting bullied?" I asked worriedly.

"Betty no ones gonna make fun of you" he told me

"How do you know?"

"Because everyone's going to be too busy talking about how pretty you are" he put his hand on my shoulder.

I cried silently again. Shit this hurts a lot.

—————-/

Hi.....so, I've been crying a lot today but...yeah. I just made this chapter quickly. Sorry if it's not good.

Question- have you ever felt insecure
My answer- all the time :/