30.

"Betty, I'm so sorry" mom cried in my arms.

"It's okay mom"

"No it's not, this is all my fault"

"Mom, it's all over now, Edgar and his cult are arrested, don't blame yourself"

She sniffled. "I'm really sorry for not listening to you"

"It's okay" I sighed and wiped her tears.

"Betty from now on I promise that I'll be a good mother, I'll give you advice, I'll take you to the mall, you can even invite Jughead over for dinner, I'm going to change and I'm going to stop drinking, I'm not going to be a bad mom anymore"

I smiled. "You were never a bad mother, you just let Edgar take advantage of you, but like I said it's all over now."

She wiped her tears and smiled. "Do you want to order Chinese food?"

I nodded. We ordered the food and it came quickly. We sat down and talked. I told her all about Jughead and we just caught up in general. It was really nice.

THE NEXT DAY

Jughead got released from the hospital since he's doing a lot better. Mom and I went to meet him and Fp at Pops.

"Jughead, thank you so much for saving Betty, I know me and you haven't really talked since you guys were younger, but I really appreciate you being in her life, you're a good young man, and I think you're just right for my daughter."

Jughead and I smiled at each other.

"Well I'm hungry so, lets eat!" Fp said.

The rest of the afternoon, we ate and talked. We told jokes and laughed. I smiled to myself. Finally it seemed like my life was getting better. I held Jughead's hand as we walked out of Pops.

"Today was amazing" he said.

I nodded. "It sure was".

He leaned over and kissed me. "No more Edgar, no more crazy cult, no more problems with your mom, everything's turning out right" he smiled.

"Yep" He was right. Everything was turning out right.

———-

LAST CHAPTER!!! 😭😭😭😭

Thank you so much for reading Childhood Lovers. But the book has come to an end 😔 sadly. Just so you know if you guys want to ask me questions or anything just dm me! I love you all. Thank you for being here from the start. ❤️❤️