21.

I chewed on my food slowly. Edgar stared at me, his eyes stayed focus as I brought another spoonful of rice to my mouth. Mom was extremely quiet today.

"How's the food Betty?" Edgar asked.

"It's good" I answered.

We stayed silent for a long time. I looked over at my mom. She looked as if she was about burst out crying.

"Mom, is everything okay?"

She looked at me. Ever since she met Edgar, she hasn't been the same. She looks exhausted, and I can smell the stench of alcohol from afar. But today, she seems different. Really different. She looks frightened.

"Betty, how about after dinner we all go somewhere?" Edgar smiled.

I looked at mom, this time she was actually crying, and she was trembling.

"Mom?"

"Betty, don't pay attention to your mother, finish up quickly and we'll go somewhere fun"

She was trembling even more. I stood up and went over to her.

"Betty sit down" Edgar said.

"Mom are you okay?" I asked.

She didn't answer she just trembled even more.

"Mom?"

"Betty sit down so we can go" Edgar yelled.

"Mom?"

She was crying. "Run Betty"

"What?"

"Alice shut up" Edgar yelled.

I was confused. I looked at Edgar then back at my mom.

"Run Betty. Run! RUN!" She yelled.

I stepped back and looked at Edgar. My eyes widened as he pulled out a sharp knife.

"Betty RUN!" Mom yelled.

The back door was right behind me. I opened it and quickly sprinted away. It was cold outside. Really cold. I was wearing shorts, a tank top, and a light sweater on top. I ran and ran far away from my house. When I knew that I was far enough I took out my phone. I called Veronica. No answer. I called Kevin. No answer. I called Toni and Cheryl. No answer.

"Jug please pick up" I said as I called him.

"Hello?" I heard his raspy voice.

"Jug I'm on my way to your house open the door when I get there" I started running again.

"Is everything okay?"

"I'll explain when I get there!" I hung up and continued running.

Jughead's house isn't really close to mine. I was tired and cold and confused. I ran and ran and kept on running. I was out of breath but I kept running and I didn't look back.

Finally I arrived. I took out my phone and called Jughead.

"I'm outside" I panted.

The door opened and I quickly got in.

"Betty what's wrong?"

I gulped "If I'm being honest I don't know."

"What do you mean?" Jughead's face was concerned but confused at the same time.

"I was having dinner with Edgar and my mom. My mom looked scared and she was crying, Edgar didn't care, he was trying to get me to finish my dinner quickly and he said he would take us somewhere fun. Then my mom yelled at me and told me to run. I'm really confused. I don't know what's going on but then out of nowhere Edgar took out a knife and tried to attack me with it? I just ran out and came here because no one else answered the phone" I tried to catch my breath.

Jughead hugged me. "If you want you could stay here for a couple of days".

I nodded. "Will Jellybean or your dad mind?"

"Jellybean loves you, and my dad's visiting my mom so he'll be gone for a couple of weeks"

He wrapped his arm around me and we walked to his bedroom.

I sat on his bed and he sat down next to me.

"Jughead, thank you"

"Your welcome" he placed his hand on my thigh and smiled.

"Where's Jellybean?" I asked.

"She's at a sleepover"

I laid down on the bed and Jughead did the same.

"Let's sleep" I said.

"It's only 7 though" he said getting closer to me.

"Yeah but I'm tired, did I tell you that I literally ran all the way here?" I raised an eyebrow.

He chuckled. "Okay, lets sleep"

He covered us with his blanket and kissed me.

I smiled.

"Why are you smiling?" He asked.

"I like it when we kiss" I started blushing.

Jughead smirked. He leaned over and kissed me again. This time longer.

My face got really red this time.

"Aww look at that you're blushing" he smiled.

"Shut up" I giggled.

He turned off the lights. "Goodnight Betty"

"Goodnight".

———-

UGHHHHHHHH

I'm so stressed out right now. My head hurts a lot. No question for today.

GOODNIGHT EVERYONE !