Kings decision

Manik brought twins to Nandini. She is sleeping, he made babies sleep beside her, kissed three of them. Looked at them once more. He came out. Everyone are talking about childhood memories of Manik, his mischievous ideas to prank and how his grandfather was always his saviour. All those episodes are reminded. When it is almost evening all went away to take bath.

When it is night, Nandini woke up, listening to her sons crying. She with help dasis got up and gave milk to them, then got freshen up, she was given very hot water bath, then she is been covered with medicinal turmeric paste, she is given some herbal medicines to over come pains due to delivery. She got wrapped in soft clothes, head tied with a warm cloth, ears are filled garlic pieces covered in cotton, she was given hot soup and some rotis, after this she slept like a log. As she is tired like hell.

Manik came to see Nandini after taking bath but he was not allowed to see her,but being Yuvaraj its has its perk he just walked in and found all three sleeping peacefully. He smiled and keep staring at three who are now sleeping on bed. He adored them with passion. His daughters came
"Pranam father"
"May god bless you my cuties" he hugged them both with happiness
"Is ma sa sleeping?"
"Yes"
"Ooo even brothers are sleeping we want to play" the younger one said
Manik smiled "even I want to play"
"Can we wake them up?" She asked in hope
"Unfortunately we can't they will either cry or again sleeps as they are tiny"
"Can we atleast touch?" Elder one asked
"Yes" Manik said with grin
Both walked to each one and touched them as if they may break if they touch
They moaned with the softness of their cheeks "they are so soft"
"Yes you were also same when you were this tiny"
"Really?" Both asked
"Yes all pink chubby cheeks small nose dark pink lips, and soooo small hands and legs as they have now"
"Ooo how can we play when they always sleep?"
"They will wake up soon" Manik said
Seeing them they too yawn "do one thing sleep besides them when they cry you wake up, play with them" he suggested both happily nodded
"Will you sleep with us father" elder one offered Manik felt so tempting to sleep with all of them as they all are his only love and family which he is proud of, but he had work last night attack is still pending he need to sort things.
"I will come again once my work complete"
"Father!!! Who was that black dress people last night?" She asked
"No one to worry my beti!!!! Just go to sleep like a good girl you are" she nodded and leaned back closing her eyes.
Manik took deep breath and left.

King called Manik "Sit son!!!"
"Don't be harsh on yourself father!!! You didn't expect this"
"Son!!! You are my only son, so I thought if I get married to strong kingdoms, they will be your protective walls just as I have in name of in laws but you are unlucky, they turned out the worst, they broke the first and minimum rule 'son in law is above god' frankly speaking I didn't expect nor dreamt about it, because we Rajputs are been bonded with this rules for generations, till today my father's sisters kingdoms are treated as Jamia sa kingdom, if they are living or dead. Here these people are just inhuman, I regret that I made you marry them all, but trust me my intentions were to keep you safe and secured till ages. Ok happened now my regret won't make any change in situations. We tried everything to make them act as human beings but all are same as Hema. I took a decision son" he paused

Manik is eager to listen, he turned to his mothers who are silent and plain, Manik frowned
"You order father, and king decision is always the ultimate one just order father" Manik encouraged

King looked at Manik and then turned to look away he thought for one more second and said "Yuvaraj!!! As king I failed in taking best decisions, I specially failed as father, so I want you to be king, now" he added last part
Manik got up from his seat "that will never happen, your decisions as father or king were appreciated and were spited at that situation, when we got married they were children the character which they developed now was not your fault it's their blood which they have we can't do anything, and about me being king, father I am king take the crown doesn't make me king it's yours and MA sa's it will be"
"I know that till I die you don't want to become king"
"Father????? May god bless you with all the life don't you ever speak such words till I become 100 years you should be alive"
King laughed "shut up Manik, I mean to say we don't make Yuvaraj king until the situations forces, I know it, but I am willingly giving you this responsibility I want to enjoy my life with your mothers, and grandchildren, we will travel to your sisters places, we will stay with them for sometime, we will visit temples, get time to spend with some gurus, let us get free from all this responsibility"
"Who are stopping you Father, do all those things as king, I will take care of kingdom"
"I know I know Manik you will that is why do it"
"No father I can't accept your this order I am sorry"
"Yuvaraj you know disobeying king is offence, you will get sever punishment" king said in harsh tone
"So punish me but this one I won't" he said stubbornly
King laughed "Ranisa!!! Do you think he grown up? I don't think so"
"Hukum he is now father to four children" remembered Leelavati
All laughed Manik is serious, he is not going to accept this one never.
"Hukum let him take time he will accept eventually" Padmavathi tried to side Manik
"Padma ranisa!!! You alway side him, he is not child, he has to obey and he will, how he won't I will see, if he Yuvaraj I am king, if he is son I am father not other way around, ranisa call pandit and arrange for Rajabhishek after children's naming ceremony" king ordered
"No no father no you won't do this, it is insult for me, when father is this strong and healthy no son will be king and I am not going to do this never"
"It's my order final" king got to go away so Manik won't argue more
"I will go for hunger strike" Manik bargained
King turned to Manik frowned a little and smiled "Ranisa do one thing, go to bahuranisa and inform her about Yuvaraj hunger strike and also do one thing say her that until Yuvaraj eats her sons will be with us, playing what do you all say?"
Manik turned to horror "Father she will cry"
"So don't make her cry, be merciful she just delivered Yuvaraj"
"Idea if keeping kids with us is tempting Hukum, I will do so" Leelavati said with smile
Manik muttered curses under his breath, "Father this is not done, I can't accept this, I am very much proud that my father is king"
"I will be more proud man that my son is king infront of me ruling happily and I will be always here to give you best advices when you need and I will be proud when I travel people talk about your rule, so make me proud Manik"
"Father why are you doing this?"
He took deep breath, "Yuvaraj!!!! All the demons which are trying to attack you will make you weak and helpless if you are king you won't go weak, you rather punish them strong to show them their place. Today Hema father, Latha father united and attacked our kingdom at night time they tried to kill my grand sons Yuvaraj, do you think that I will punish them???? No never you will punish them, go for it, satisfy your soul son, my punishments will make you ok but your punishment will give you satisfaction that I want. Don't you dare keep sulking on this matter, be a young man take responsibility and stand Still, all the training you got, all the freedom you got till now are closed get up be strong for your family, secure their lives, and future. King is to be born not to be created I was created where as you are to be king. Being my son is my happiness but being king is my pride. I won't let you say a word on it, it's my decision and I am ordering it now. Get ready to be king" king said and walked away.

Manik is silent he is not at all ready to accept this
Radhabai sat besides him, "Yuvaraj!!!! Why are so worked up? That is your duty one day or the other day you have to take the responsibility then why not now?"
"MA sa this not correct father is king, my father is king MA sa how can I become king?"
"Now your father will become father of king, father of the king Manik, it's much more prestigious and precious which he is longing for years to happy. When you were made Yuvaraj he was so happy that he couldn't sleep for days with happiness, I never saw him as such not even the day when you are born, he adores your ruling skills Yuvaraj, he admires your administration skills, he is fond of your fan following he proud of your humbleness, he is dreaming for this since you born, your sons birth gave him this liberty let him enjoy this phase Yuvaraj don't be spoil sport"
"But MA sa"
"Yuvaraj!!!! But will confuse you give you unwanted thoughts just go with flow, let this happen"
Manik huffed He is not happy
"Do one thing Yuvaraj!!! Go and meet Latha"
Manik frowned and looked at his mother in shock, "MA sa"
"Remove your anger on her, last night how bahuranisa was fighting when she should be on bed how your sons has to witness the sword sounds when they should listen to sound of temple bells, how your daughters were locked in room scared like hell, remember all and go meet her"
"I will kill her MA sa"
"Can you yuvaraj?" Radhabai smirked
Manik looked at in shock but nodded no
"Why?"
"Because it's king who will punish her"
"What if your father leave her as she is his daughter in law" Manik fisted hard jaw clenched "I will ask him to consider for punishment"
"If he denies?"
"I will request"
"Still if not?"
Manik looked dejected
"This is what your father explained, you need power, you need this soul satisfaction when you punish all"
Manik looked at her "why? He can punish her harshly instead making me king"
"He can But whole Rajput will say king killed his own daughter in laws, a husband can punish his wives harshly but and father in law can't, his whole life will be black marked only with judgment and which he can't even consider to let it go, he want them to be punished Manik specially by you"
Manik closed eyes "why did I get such fate MA sa? What have I done?"
"You are gem Yuvaraj with out going through furnace it can't shine, it has no value without all this pain you can't become the king Yuvraj, which you are born for"
"I want normal life MA sa"
"Normal life??? We Rajputs don't have one son we are born to burn in this showoff life this crown killed somany and will kill so many you are not the first one nor you will be going to be last one, so stop thinking some dreams will never fulfill son we being in normal life is one such, you are still lucky you got Nandini as your wife at last think if not how would be your life??? With all these surpents around you"
"I dragged her into all these"
"She is been entangled Yuvaraj"
"Let me sleep in your lap MA sa"
She smiled and made him sleep
"May be you should sleep for some time" he did so