Chapter 8

I wake up and see Leslie still asleep. She looks so peaceful sleeping. Her head was still on my chest and her arms wrapped around me. I tried getting out of bed but she had an iron grip on me. I had no other choice but to stay in bed to not wake her up.

I lay there for a while just staring at the ceiling. I start thinking about everyone back at the school. What they're doing and how they're doing. Except for Louis, fuck that piece of shit. I thought he was my friend but I guess not. He got selfish and wanted Clementine for himself. I wonder how she's doing. She's probably extremely sad. I don't know if I should care about how she's doing or continue hating her. I want to forgive her but that's a battle that still has not been won. I hope AJ's doing alright. I know he wasn't very fond of me leaving. I miss him the most out of everybody. Sometimes I used to wonder if should've gone back to see him again. But then I remember who I would have to see again. Overall I just hope he's okay.

Leslie starts shuffling around signaling that she's waking up.

Leslie: "Hey".

Y/N: "Hey".

I kiss her forehead and a big grin appears on her face.

Y/N: "How'd you sleep?"

Leslie: "Very good. What about you?"

Y/N: "Very good also. Especially getting my ribs crushed by you".

I say sarcastically.

Leslie: "Well, I am strong".

She says sarcastically.

We both start laughing. Then I remember it's Leslie's birthday.

Y/N: "Oh shit".

Leslie: "What?".

Y/N: "It's your birthday".

Leslie: "Oh my god, I totally forgot".

Y/N: "Hold on I'll be back".

I get up and go over to my room. I grab the necklace that Mary had gave me and go back to her room. When I enter I put it behind my back.

Y/N: "I got you something".

Leslie: "What is it?"

I pull out the necklace and her eyes widen.

Y/N: "You like it?"

She doesn't respond. She walks up to me and wraps her arms around my neck, she pulls me into a long passionate kiss.

Leslie: "I love it".

Y/N: "Here let me put it on".

She turns around. I put the necklace over her head and place it on her neck. She grabs it and looks at it.

Leslie: "It's so pretty".

Y/N: "Just like you".

Leslie: "Where'd you get it?"

Y/N: "Mary gave it to me. She told me to give it to you. She said I should give it to you when I tell you how I felt about you".

Leslie: "Looks like Mary really wanted us together".

Y/N: "She said we were perfect for each other".

She turns around. She pulls me into a long kiss. It lasted for about 30 seconds until we broke it.

Leslie: "Thank you".

Y/N: "No problem. I have something else for you".

Leslie: "What is it?"

Y/N: "Take a seat".

We both sit on the bed.

Y/N: "Well, I know people have been enjoying me being their new leader instead of Jack. I love being their leader, but it can be pretty difficult at times. You being my second in command has been the best decision I've made. But I would love it if you would lead the community with me".