Chapter 19

Walking, that's all Clem, AJ, Violet, Louis, and Aasim have been doing for hours. Every now then they would hear the occasional "I'm hungry" or "I'm tired" from AJ. Clem was forced to just tell him to hang on a little while longer. Violet was trying not to get pissed off by Louis. Aasim was walking in the back silently, he hasn't talked to anyone since the train station but they understand.

They've been walking since they left the train station yesterday. It's now morning and they barely got any sleep that night. Clem had to deal with the struggle and keep moving forward for the sake of these people.

Louis: "You think we're almost there yet?"

Clem: "I don't know, Louis."

Louis: "What if-?"

Violet: "Louis if you don't stop asking questions I am going to bash your head in with your stupid chair leg!"

Louis immediately remains silent.

They know walk in silence until Violet notices something.

Violet: "Look." She says pointing to the big wall inside the woods.

AJ: "Is that it?" He asks Clem.

Clem: "I don't know."

Violet: "Should we check it out?"

Clem holds her hand up and listens closely. Nothing, she hears nothing. She doubts there's anybody in there.

Clem: "Doesn't sounds like anybody's in there."

Violet: "Should we just look around the outside?"

Clem: "Yeah. Stay close."

They start walking towards the wall with everyone close behind each other. Once they finally approach the wall, Clem notices something hanging from the top.

Louis: "Is that a...?"

Clem: "Grappling hook?"

She says as she pulls on the rope and sees the hook stuck at the top.

Clem: "Lets go around."

They walk around the place close by the wall until they reach a big gate. But there was something off, the gate was open.

Louis: "It's open."

Violet: "Gee, thanks for pointing it out."

They approach the gate and make their way inside. They notice all the dead bodies and bullet casings on the floor.

Violet: "...damn..."

Aasim splits up from the group and searches around the place while Clem notices one body in the middle of the whole place. She approaches it and sees that the body was a man and that his arms are bent in a weird way. There was also a note on the man's chest that was stabbed by a knife and into the man's chest. She picks up the note and reads it out loud.

Clem: "Territory of Sunset."

The kids exchange glances with each other.

Louis: "Looks like they don't play around."

Clem: "Yeah...let's go."

She drops the note and they all leave the place once Aasim comes back. Clem was walking in front of everyone and Violet catches up to her.

Violet: "Are you sure we should still go?"

Clem: "I don't know, we need somewhere to stay so Delta doesn't kill us. Besides, we're getting close.

They start hearing the sounds of growls. They stop and scan in between the trees and that's when AJ points something out.

AJ: "Walkers." He says as he points to a horde of walkers coming from the trees.