Chapter 34

Leslie: "Okay. I'll go."

Y/N: "..no..."

He lays his head back down in defeat.

Bullets start hitting the side of the house and Mark quickly takes cover. Then his radio goes off.

Lily: "Mark, where are you?"

She says through the radio. Shots can be heard through the radio as she speaks.

Mark: "Handling some business. Why?" He says while shooting from cover.

Lily: "We have to go! They're too strong right now, we'll hit back later!"

Mark: "On my way."

He puts his radio away and keeps shooting his gun.

Meanwhile, Leslie runs over to Y/N and kneels down next to him. She lays his head on her lap and he looks her in the eyes.

Y/N: "..why...?"

She leans into his ear and whispers something. After she's done, Y/N looks at her in shock.

Y/N: "...that's..suicide..you don't..-" He's cut off by his own grunts of pain.

Leslie: "It's the only way."

She looks over at Mark who is still busy shooting.

Leslie: "If anything happens, just know that I love you and Ellie more than anything in the world."

Y/N: "You don't..have to."

Leslie: "I do, Y/N."

Mark: "Come on, Leslie. We gotta go."

She sets his head down on the floor and kisses him on the cheek.

Leslie: "Take care of Ellie."

Y/N: "..wait.."

He reaches his hand out to her but she goes over to Mark. They're about to make a run for it but before she leaves, she mouths something to Y/N.

Leslie: "I love you."

She smiles one more time before they run off. Y/N watches as they run off and slowly tries to stand up. He hears footsteps approaching and sees Clem coming over to him.

Clem: "Shit. Are you okay?" She says as she helps him stand.

Y/N: "No."

Clem: "Fuck. They're retreating."

Y/N: "..good.."

He tries walking but Clem stops him.

Clem: "Y/N."

Y/N: "What?"

Clem: "I saw Leslie leaving with them."

He takes a deep breath.

Y/N: "I..know."

He tries walking while holding his abdomen but it's hurting him too much.

Clem: "Here."

She rips the sleeve off of her hoodie and ties it around his stomach to stop the bleeding. She then puts his arm around her and helps him walk.

Y/N: "Wait."

She stops and looks up at him.

Y/N: "I managed to..knock one..out."

Clem: "Where are they?"

Y/N: "In..there." He points to the house.

Clem: "We have to get you to the infirmary first."

Y/N: "..that can..wait."