Chapter 40

Mark holsters his pistols and loads his rifle. He leaves his house and sees his people waiting by the gate. He walks over to the room that Y/N and Leslie are in and walks in.

He sees Y/N with his head down and hears Leslie whimpering. He walks over to Y/N and lifts his head up. His face is pale and his eye hasn't been patched up.

He starts slapping his face to wake him up.

Mark: "Hey, don't die on me now. I still need you for after."

He lets go of his head and it drops once again.

Leslie: "Please, Mark."

He turns around to face her.

Leslie: "Help him. Patch him up, or let me do it, please."

He stares at Y/N for a couple of seconds.

Mark: "Fine."

He walks over to the table and grabs a first aid kit from under it. He places it on the table and pulls out his knife and pistol. He walks behind Leslie's chair and keeps the gun trained on her back.

Mark: "Don't try anything stupid."

He cuts off her restraints and she immediately runs over to Y/N. He walks over to the door but stops before he leaves. He watches as Leslie takes care of Y/N.

Mark: "Don't get too comfortable, it'll be the last time you're that close to him."

She stares him down and he leaves the room. He walks to the gates of Delta and sees an army of people there.

Mark: "Let's go!"

They all get into their trucks and drive to Sunset.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They start nearing Sunset and Mark radioes his people.

Mark: "When I start shooting, you ram into that gate."

He sees the gates of Sunset and retrieves an AK. He points it outside of the truck and unloads a clip into the air. The trucks behind him speed up and crash into the gates. Mark's truck swerves to its side and he steps out.

He takes aim and starts unloading clips into anybody he can find. He sees Clementine jump behind cover and he motions to his group.

Mark: "Keep shooting! I got the girl."

He approaches Clementine while avoiding the bullets. She jumps up and starts shooting at Mark. He quickly takes cover behind a crate and continues shooting at her.

Mark: *Click*

The magazine is out of bullets. He goes to reload but sees Clementine run into a house. He drops the rifle and makes his way over to the house with a pistol and knife in hand. He kicks the door open and starts looking around.

The gun is knocked out of his hands and he is punched in the face. Clementine goes to kick him but he catches her leg and throws it down. He delivers a kick of his own to her stomach. He grabs her and slams her on top of a table.

Mark: "You're pretty, might keep you for myself."

Clem: "Eat a dick."

She scratches his face and he let's her go. She grabs a kitchen knife from the table and swings it at him but he dodges it.

He gets kicked from behind and into Clementine, she swings the knife again and hits him in the cheek. He turns around and is met with a fist from Aasim. He falls to the ground while holding his face.

Aasim approaches him but the hook of a gigantic sickle rips through his chest. He then gets lifted up in the air by the sickle.

Clem: "No, Aasim!"