Chapter 30

8 1/2 months later

It's been eight and a half months since that incident with Y/N and Louis. Everyone's been on edge after the attack and have been taking more precautions.

Leslie is already showing and looks like she's about to burst.

Clem, Violet, Louis, Aasim, and AJ have gotten accustomed to being at Sunset. They each have jobs to do except for AJ. Clem helps Leslie and Y/N with organizing the settlement, Louis works in the armory, space has been made in the hunting group for Violet and Aasim. Violet forgave Y/N and Louis but still keeps quiet around them.

Isabel teaches people how to shoot guns in the firing range. Angie has become more social with the kids and seems to have grown a little something towards AJ.

The amount of sightings of mysterious people around Sunset have been rising. The problem is that it might be Delta but they have no idea where their main base is.

Leslie and Isabel said that they came from a community called Alpha. Their description sounded very similar to Delta. After describing the people who attacked Y/N and Louis, Leslie and Isabel came to the conclusion that it was two people called Abramovici and...Mark. They had history with them in Alpha.....especially Leslie. Y/N wanted to know the location of Alpha but Isabel claims that before she left them, they had moved their community elsewhere. Now they're just sitting ducks waiting for Delta to show up.

Y/N just finished cleaning some of the guns in the armory with Isabel. He puts all the guns back in their place and exits the armory. As he walks through the settlement, he runs into Clem.

Clem: "Hey."

Y/N: "Hey."

Clem: "Where were you?"

Y/N: "Armory with Isabel, why?"

There's a slight hint of jealousy in Clem's face but Y/N doesn't notice.

Clem: "Leslie was looking for you. She needs to talk to you."

Y/N: "Where is she?"

Clem: "She's in the office."

Y/N: "Okay. Thanks."

He pats Clem on the arm and walks away. He walks into the office and sees Leslie sitting down while looking at a map. She looks up at him and smiles.

Leslie: "Hey."

He goes over to her and kisses her. He then puts his hand on her stomach.

Leslie: "Almost there."

Y/N: "I'm excited, but nervous."

Leslie: "Yeah, me too. It'll be okay though. There's nothing to worry about."

Y/N: "Yeah. You needed me?"

Leslie stands up from her chair.

Leslie: "I have bad news."

Y/N: "What's wrong?"

Leslie: "We're running low on supplies. Mostly weapons and ammunition. If Delta attacks while in the state that we're in, it's not gonna be pretty."

Y/N: "Shit."

He leans over the desk and looks at the map.

Y/N: "You know anywhere we can scavenge?"

Leslie: "There's a gun store I saw, but it's far and it'll take almost two days to get there on foot."

Y/N: "Damn. I still wish we had gas."