Chapter 33

Clementine looks at Y/N and realizes what she has to do.

Clem: "I have to go."

She gets up to approach the gate but Y/N stops her.

Y/N: "No. I promised to keep you guys safe. So that's what I'm gonna do."

Clem: "She wants me, Y/N."

Y/N: "She wants us. Stay here."

He walks over to the gate and climbs up the watchtower. Once he's up there he sees Lily standing on top of a truck with a whole army behind her. Abramovici notices him and points up at him. They all look up and see Y/N standing atop of the watchtower.

Lily: "Y/N! It's been a long time."

Y/N: "Not long enough. What are you doing here?"

Lily: "I thought you were smarter than this, Y/N. You explode my boat, kill my people, make us lose a war, and you think I won't get you back?"

Y/N: "That's not my problem. It was your fault that happened."

Lily: "Maybe so, but that doesn't stop the fact that I came here to kill you and the rest of you little shits. So, enough of this, where is the leader of this place?"

Y/N: "I am the leader."

Lily looks at him surprised.

Lily: "Really? You're telling me that you lead a settlement like this?"

Y/N: "I know it's hard to believe, but anybody can be a better leader than you."

Lily furrows her eyebrows.

Lily: "Open the gates, Y/N."

Y/N: "Not happening."

Lily: "Fine, I guess we'll have to do this the hard way."

She looks over at Mark.

Lily: "Bring her."

Mark goes into one of the trucks and pulls out a little person with a bag over their head. Mark goes over to Lily and stands next to her as he cockily waves at Y/N.

Lily gets down from the truck and takes the bag off of the person, revealing it to be Angie. Y/N's heart immediately drops as he turns around and sees Isabel approaching the gate.

Lily: "Open the gate now, Y/N. You know what'll happen if you don't."

Angie looks at Y/N with a pleading look.

Y/N: "You won't hurt her, Lily. I know you won't."

He turns back and Isabel looks at him. He nods at her and she attempts to run to the gate but Clem stops her.

Y/N: "You were a good person, Lily. I know that deep down, you still are. She has nothing to do with this."

Lily: "You're right, Y/N. I won't hurt her, not if I don't have to. So open the damn gate!"

Y/N looks back and sees all his people ready to shoot.

Y/N: "Okay."

Y/N sees Lily smirk as he climbs down the watchtower. Once he gets down, Isabel runs over to him.

Isabel: "We have to help her!"

Y/N: "I know, I know. But you have to take cover while I sort this out."

Isabel: "Y/N, they're gonna kill her!"

Lily: "We don't have all day, Y/N!" She says through the megaphone.

Y/N: "Go."

Isabel slowly starts walking back. Y/N goes up to the gate and undoes the hatch. He slowly opens the gate and is now face to face with the army of Delta.