Chapter 35

Leslie smiles one last time at Y/N before running off with Mark. They run towards the gate while avoiding bullets from both sides. Leslie noticed that the people of Sunset were giving her confused looks as she was running.

She gets into a truck with Mark and starts following the rest of the cars. They ride in the truck for a couple of minutes until Mark's radio goes off.

Lily: "Pull over."

Mark: "Why?"

Lily: "Pull over!"

Mark: "Okay."

The cars in front of them stop and Mark tells the driver to stop.

Mark: "Come on, let's go see what she wants."

They get out of the truck and Leslie is pushed into the truck with a gun to her head.

Lily: "Who are you?"

Mark runs over to her side.

Mark: "Wait, stop Lily!"

Lily looks over at Mark with a mad face.

Lily: "Who is she?"

Mark: "Her name's Leslie. She used to live with me back in Alpha."

She looks back at Leslie who doesn't even look scared and pushes the gun harder on her head.

Lily: "Is that so?"

Leslie: "Isn't that what he said?"

Lily looks at Mark unamused.

Mark: "She'll be helpful, she knows her way around Sunset. She could help us."

She looks at Leslie for her response.

Leslie: "It's true. They have a lot of weak points. You just need to hit them when they least expect it."

Lily: "You don't think I know that?"

Leslie: "You were close, but you still failed."

Lily lets her go and stares her down.

Lily: "What's your plan here?"

Leslie: "I just wanna get away from there as fast as possible. If I could help you guys out, then maybe I'll have a place to stay from now on."

Lily continues staring her down but it doesn't affect Leslie.

Lily: "You tell me everything, and we'll see about a spot for you."

Leslie: "That's all I want."

She looks at her for a couple of seconds before she walks up to Mark.

Lily: "I'm gonna be keeping my eye on her, the both of you. If anything happens, it's on you."

Mark: "Yes, ma'am."

Lily: "Let's go!"

They all get back into their trucks and continue driving back to Delta.

Leslie is looking out of the window when Mark scoots next to her and puts his arm around her.

Mark: "Hey."

Leslie looks at him.

Mark: "I missed you. I'm sorry for what I did, but I promise it'll never happen again."

Leslie: "I know."

He leans in for a kiss but Leslie turns her head and he kisses her cheek instead. She gives him a faint smile and continues looking out the window.

~~~~~~~~~~

They arrive at Delta and get out of the trucks. Lily goes up to Mark and Leslie.

Lily: "Both of you. My office. Now."