Chapter 12

Clementine, Violet, and Aasim were in Marlon's old office. They were discussing the incident with the Delta.

Aasim: "That's impossible. It must be somebody else, we blew up the boat for christ sake".

Violet: "Who else would know to fuck up our traps?"

Clementine: "Yeah, besides they've done it before. They obviously know the traps help with our food supply".

Violet: "The boat was not their main base anyways. They used it to capture us and take us back to the main Delta base".

Aasim was pacing around the room while rubbing the back of his head.

Aasim: "Great, now they're back and are coming for revenge. What the hell are we gonna do now?"

Clementine: "We can fortify the school again, we've done it before".

Aasim: "When we had the supplies for it, and people".

Violet: "We can still try, we have the left over materials from the boat".

Aasim: "It won't be enough to fortify the whole school. We've seen what they're capable of, some wooden boards aren't gonna stop them".

Violet: "Do you have a better plan?"

Aasim: "No i don't, but what else can we do? Didn't you say you killed Lily?"

Violet: "They still prob-"

Clementine: "I didn't"

Violet and Aasim look at her with shocked faces.

Violet: "What?"

Clementine: "I didn't. She was injured and already fleeing from the boat. She couldn't even kill me when she had the chance. I didn't kill her in the hopes that she would suffer with the fact she failed everybody".

Aasim: "And now she's back and wants her revenge. One of the main reasons we managed to survive last time because we had Y/N. He was the only one who knew how to fight properly".

Clementine looks down in sadness at the sound of his name. Violet crosses her arms and looks at the floor.

Aasim: "You know, you still haven't told us why he left. He was just fine the day before".

Violet: "Not the time for that Aasim".

Aasim: "Well when is it ever gonna be? We have maybe only a few days, hours, or minutes before we all get killed".

Violet: "I said it's not the time for that so just shut up about it".

Aasim begins pacing around the room again.

Clementine: "Look, Y/N left-"

She was cut off by the sound of a scream.

Violet: "What the hell?"

Aasim: "That sounded like Louis"

Violet: "Wasn't he taking watch?"

Clementine: "He's supposed to, let's go".

They run out of the room. They make their way outside into the courtyard. They see Ruby, Willy, and Omar going up to Louis who was on the floor.

Clementine: "What happened?"

She looks at Louis and see's that he has an arrow stuck on his right arm. Ruby kneels down next to Louis.

Ruby: "Louis, what happened?"

Louis: "I was standing in the tower taking watch, then all of a sudden I get hit with an arrow".

He says while gritting his teeth in pain.

Ruby: "Omar, Aasim help me take him to the couch".

Omar and Aasim help Louis up and lead towards the couch. Louis sits on the couch while holding his arm.

Ruby: "Vi, can you bring me the alcohol and some bandages?"

Violet: "On it".

She runs off to get the supplies.

Aasim: "Where's AJ?"

Clementine: "He's in his room. We don't need him coming out here".

Omar: "I'll go check on him".

Clementine: "Thank you".

He nods and walks off to go to the dorms.

Ruby: "We're gonna have to pull it out".

Louis: "That's what she-"

Aasim: "Shut up".

Aasim starts taking off his belt.

Louis: "You're gonna strip?"

Aasim: "It's for you to bite on you moron".

Violet comes back with the supplies.

Ruby: "I'm gonna need y'all to hold him down. Bite this".

She takes the belt from Aasim and gives it to Louis. He puts it in his mouth and bites on it. Clementine, Violet, and Aasim hold Louis down.

Ruby: "On three, okay?".

Ruby: "1...."

Louis: "This is gonna hurt".

He says while still biting on the belt.

Ruby:"..2......3"

She pulls it out and a Louis screams in pain but is muffled by the belt. Ruby puts alcohol on his wound. He screams again, she then wraps the bandages around his arm.

Ruby: "All done".

Clementine looks at Willy who is by the gate taking watch. She shouts at him.

Clementine: "You see anything?"

Willy: "No, no ones around".

Clementine looks at the arrow and sees a piece of paper stuck to the end of it. She grabs it and takes the paper off the arrow.

Violet: "What's it say?"

Clementine unfolds the paper and reads it.

Clementine: "Delta will rise again, Vengeance is near".

Everybody looks at it in shock.

Violet: "Looks like it was a warning shot".

Ruby: "They're gonna try to kidnap us again?"

Clementine: "No, they want revenge. They're most likely gonna try and kill us".

Violet: "We need to make a plan, fast".

Clementine: "Willy!"

She calls for him, he turns and she signals him over.

Clementine: "I need you to look for supplies around the school. Anything that may seem useful to fortify the school".

Willy: "On it".

He runs off.

Aasim: "Guess I'll go help him out".

Aasim walks off too.

Ruby: "What about the rest of us?"

Clementine: "Sit tight, try to look for anything useful while you're at it".

Ruby, Louis, and Violet nod.

Clementine: "We have work to do".