Fiftynine

Chapter Fiftynine
Omniscient
Los Angeles, California

Chris drove down the highway, nearing his psychiatrist office. After everything that has went on this was greatly needed. He sent a text to Mya last night about joining him. But she never responded.

Their relationship was holding on by a thread and if she wasn't willing to work toward some type of solution, he didn't know how things could get better.

Hitting his exit, his gray Lamborghini sped down the Street, before making a left then another into the parking lot. Seeing a white Lamborghini truck sitting near where normally parked, caused him to perk up. Chris claimed the spot next to the truck and quickly climbed out. He walked over to the driver side. He could see the light from Mya's phone. Gently Chris knocked on the window, causing Mya to jump.

When she saw it was Chris, she exhaled then grabbed her purse and opened the door. He immediately grabbed her hand and helped her out the car. He looked at her outfit. She was dressed comfortably in an oversized crew neck and some biker shorts. One of his hats on her head.

Mya intertwined their fingers as they walked to the door. This was the most affection any of them have felt in the past 3 weeks.

"I didn't think you'd come." Chris said.

"If it's going to help us, I'm all for it."

Chris nodded before opening the door for Mya to walk in.

When they got inside of Chris's psychiatrist office, they both took a seat on the leather couch, but kept a gap between them. Even though Chris was happy about her coming there was still tension between the two.

A few minutes went by before the psychiatrist walked in the office. "Hello Chris." He said. "And you must be Mya."

"Yes."

"I'm Dr. Thompson, how are you?"

"I'm good." Mya said while shaking his hand.

"And how are you Chris?" Dr. Thompson asked while taking a seat.

Chris shrugged. "I'm okay...I guess."

Dr. Thompson could tell that Chris wasn't okay and he'd soon find out why. All feelings will be exposed. "So what brings you two in? It has to be something serious, you asked me to clear out most of my morning."

Chris chewed on his bottom lip before looking over at Mya. "The last few weeks have been hard for us." He finally spoke up.

"Hard? Why has it been hard?"

"Me not thinking before making decisions."

"And my anger issues." Mya said.

Dr. Thompson's eyes shifted towards Mya. He remembered Chris mentioning Mya having to take anger management. That not helping could only mean that her anger stemmed from deep rooted problems. "I'm guessing that Chris's decisions caused your anger to rise."

They both nodded.

"So what happened?" Dr. Thompson asked.