Lie to Him

Mel lead Max into her apartment. "Wanna stay for a moment?" Max nodded, "Yeah." They sat down on the couch next to each other. Mel rested her head on his chest. "How do we make sure Hades doesn't send us to the underworld again?" "My father only got a hold of you because he knew I was with you." Max nodded, "I can't use my powers a lot then either." Mel ran her hand across his chest. "Well, I'll visit my father to throw him off. Say he messed up my plan or something." Mel looked up at him with her blue eyes, "If I give him a devious story yeah, he will believe it." He kissed the top of her head. "Be careful."

--

"Mm! Stings a bit", Max said as Cordelia held her glowing hand in front of his chest. The light went away after a short moment. Cordelia patted his chest, "That'll protect your soul. You'd have to have the power of five supremes to get it out of you." Delia kissed his forehead. "Thanks ma." The supreme walked over to the couch and took a seat, "Gosh, you only just got powers and this is already happening." Max let out a breath as he walked over to her, "It's like you said, not every power is a blessing. Being a god is no walk in the park." He sat down next to his mother and continued, "I still can't understand. Why me? Then I think, I guess it makes sense. A respected demi-god, a supreme. You know, a powerful witch having a child with a demi-god." He shook his head. "Why not you, Max?" "I don't know...was just a guy in college you know? Nothing else." Delia took his hand. "That's not all you are. Even before we knew of your...godliness." She giggled, he joined in. "And I mean it, Max." She playfully tapped his knee as they continued to giggle some more.

--

Mel walked toward her father who was smoking a thin, black cigarette. His eyes lit up seeing her, "Melinoe! Thought I just might never see you again." He gave her a serious look, "Where's Karras?" Mel shook her head, "Daddy, you ruined my plan." He pointed at her and scoffed, "Your plan? No, darling it's my plan that we're supposed to be doing." The raven-haired girl crossed her arms, "You're screwing this up. I'm getting close to him, tricking him into thinking I love him. I can't just kill him. No, not after finding out he lives with a bunch of witches we can take out."

Hades smiled, "You're very smart. I see what you're doing. Getting close so you can take more people. You little devil! You don't want him to suspect a thing! Then just pull the rug out from under him." Hades put an arm around her. "So, because of what you did, I've suffered a little set back. I'll get his soul, just don't do the teleportation thing again. I barely convinced him that I loved him and that I wasn't evil." He gave her a hug, "I'm so proud. Chip off the old block, aren't you?" She slowly nodded; she was actually very different. Mel was nothing like him. Mel didn't know how she was the daughter of the underworld king sometimes. "Do well my girl!" She politely smiled, "Tell mom I said hi." Mel walked away. She lied. It worked. Of course, it did. She knew how to talk to him; say what he wanted to hear. She felt good. The young goddess was protecting the young man she loved while slowly escaping her father and his dark domain.