Unexpected

Max sat up against the wall in the hospital hallway. He was in shock. Delia approached him, noticed he still had the bear in his hands. "Max? What's wrong?" Cordelia sat down next to him. "He looked at the bear, "She's...uh...she's dead", he said quietly. Cordelia put a hand on his shoulder, "That's awful." Max looked at his mother as a couple of tears streamed down his face, "Can you bring her back?" Delia looked down then at Max. She took a deep breath, "I can't." "Why not?" "Max, if a girl just comes back to life, we will be exposed. People will ask questions." Max was choked up, "What if it was Gwen?" Cordelia hugged him, "I'm sorry. No child deserves that. I need you to understand...I can't be playing God all the time." Max looked at his mother, still sad. He nodded, "I understand. It still sucks though. It's still not fair." Cordelia wiped the tears off his face.

--

Max entered the room. Mel was packing up their stuff into a bag. Max hugged her. "What's wrong? Max..." "She's gone...Natalie." Delia entered the room. "No. What?!", Mel said. "She can't." Mel hugged Max. A voice came from behind them, "I'm interrupting?" The three turned around and saw a woman standing in the doorway. Cordelia's eyes went wide, she recognized her. "Liza?" Cordelia turned to her son and Mel, "Let me talk to her." Max and Mel nodded in silence and left the room. "Your son lived." "I know, medical care and magic does wonders, Liza." Liza got closer to Cordelia, "I guess you know why I am here." Cordelia narrowed her eyes, "Yeah, apparently still holding a grudge?" Cordelia took a step closer to Liza, "I am the supreme. I had a vision of the dangers that were to come. I made the decision for the good of the coven." Liza scoffed, "Are you sure you just didn't like me?"

Cordelia shook her head, "I don't like you now. You came here to hurt me, and you did. You hurt my son to get back at me. And it did hurt, Liza. So, you can leave peacefully. I will see to it that you never set foot in New Orleans if you try to hurt anyone else." The room went silent as Liza gave Cordelia's words some thought. Liza started to walk away from Cordelia. "You understand?" Liza responded, "Yes, Miss Supreme...I'm leaving, for now at least."

--

Cordelia was washing her hands. Mel entered the bathroom and went into a stall. Cordelia saw her as she walked by. Mel took a couple deep breaths then she hovered over the toilet and vomited. "Mel? Are you alright?" Mel exited the stall and turned on the faucet as Cordelia dried her hands. "You didn't catch something did you?" Cordelia rubbed Mel's back gently. Mel shook her head, "I don't know. I feel alright now." "You sure?" Mel nodded as she splashed some water in her face then into her mouth. She spit out the water. "You can go on Cordelia, I'll be fine." Cordelia nodded and slowly exited the bathroom. Mel looked in the mirror and let out a breath.

--

Hades looked at his enchanted mirror, watching Max in his bed, noticeably still sad, looking up at the ceiling. "I'll make my move soon." Persephone entered the room, looked at Hades with tired eyes. Hades saw Mel enter the room and snuggled up to Max. Hades eyes went wide. Mel kissed Max. Hades immediately gasped. "I can't believe this! My own daughter!" Hades stormed off before Persephone could ask any questions. Persephone approached the mirror and saw her daughter with Karras. "Oh, Mellie...I hope you know what you're doing."