Meant To Be

They all made their way back inside the academy. Cordelia led the way. "I did a memory spell. Anyone else that saw, won't remember." Max was still trying to catch his breath. Mel sat him down and then took a seat next to him. "Are you okay, Max?" He looked at her head, grabbed a tissue and dabbed at the blood. Delia and Derek sat across from the two. "I'm not worried about me. Are you okay?" "It's just a scratch, Max." He let out a breath, "I just don't want you to be hurt." "Or the baby." Mel and Max looked at Cordelia. "Your father was the same way when I was pregnant with you." Derek looked at Cordelia surprised, then at his son. "We just found out. We were going to wait until it was safe." Max nodded. "I understand. You guys are dealing with so much. We're here for you." Max scratched his head, "Thanks mom. You should know...we're engaged but, we're waiting." "Congratulations. I'm glad you've found each other", Derek said. "Thanks dad." "Thank you." Max ran his fingers through his hair. "This can't keep happening." "What Max?" "You guys can't keep being in danger because Hades wants me dead."

Cordelia got closer to Max. "This coven is no stranger to peril. You can try and hide but you will still be who you are. Do not be ashamed. You fight. We are here to help you. We're your family." She kissed Max on the forehead. "And never forget that we love you." Max nodded then whispered, "No one can die." "No one's gonna die. No one stays dead here. Even if they do die." They both chuckled.

--

Max and Mel laid next to each other in bed face to face. "What are you thinking about?", he asked her. "The baby." "Oh?" "Yeah...I just hope they're not so full of darkness." "Like me earlier?" He chuckled. "No, just don't want them to deal with all that death and scary stuff. They are part underworld deity." Max kissed her, "You don't need to worry. They'll have us." "What's crazy is, I don't mind giving people nightmares. Still." Max took her hand, "It's your nature. Who you are. You're just finding out you're more than that. More than a bringer of nightmares." Mel kissed him and touched his cheek. "Have you've always been this sweet?" Max shrugged, "Mom's the supreme, school full of witches. Only role that was left was the nice one I guess." Mel propped her head up, rested her cheek on her hand. "What did you see yourself doing before you were the savior god and impregnated a ghost goddess?" Max shrugged, "A teacher. History teacher, I guess. Even then I wasn't really sure." Mel looked into his eyes, "This really was meant to be." He nodded. "Definitely."