Kings

"A supreme witch and warrior demi-god. Both powerful and honorable beings have created a very powerful god", Zeus said, standing before many other gods and goddesses. Theos stood next to Max. He nudged him, "It really ends with 'a god just as powerful if not more so than king of all gods'", Theos said. "Really?" Theos nodded. "Why do I get the feeling he hates me?" Zeus began making his way through the large group of people. "That savior god is right here." Zeus approached Max, "Karras!" Everyone applauded while Max politely smiled. He wouldn't admit it to the fellow gods, but he felt odd. Like he wasn't really the savior. He didn't feel all important, all powerful like they kept saying. The young man looked around as the crowd began to move. Theos took notice, "He's not here my boy." Max looked down at the ground. Zeus smiled at Max and shook his hand. "Finally, we meet. The first god of the earth's elements for Olympus." Max smiled, "You can call me Max." Something told Max that wouldn't happen.

The two stopped shaking, Max looked at his hand. You could see imprints of the god king's fingers. "Theos! A pleasure as always." "Pleasure for me too." Zeus put an arm around the young god, "Take good care of Karras. Train him well." Zeus raised his voice so everyone could hear him, "You may one day answer to him!" Zeus giggled. Max looked off to the side, tired of being treated like a gifted child. He saw Mel by herself in a corner. "Excuse me."

Max made his way to Mel. He smiled at her, "I didn't know you were here." Mel kept her voice low, "Maybe that's a good thing. I don't think they'll be too keen on the savior god and the underworld king's daughter sleeping together." Unbeknownst to Max and Mel, Zeus began making his way over. Aphrodite came out of nowhere and hugged Max, surprising him. "You may not remember..." She released her grip. "But...you save me from those dreadful birds." He most definitely remembered her, "Oh, yes. Aphrodite. How could I forget the screeches and the terrified look on your face?" Aphrodite playfully nudged him, "Well, I'm a lover not a fighter." Aphrodite looked at Max then Mel. She nodded feeling something between the two. "Oh, you two..." Aphrodite grabbed a hand from each deity. Zeus was only a couple steps away now. "You two are destined...you are perfect. Destined lovers!" "Um...Di?" Aphrodite let go of their hands, Zeus approached the three.

"Having a good time?" Max could only hope Zeus didn't hear Aphrodite. "Yeah. I like it here, it's..." Zeus tried to finish his sentence, "Bright?" The bearded god chuckled. Max nodded, "It seems like it's...safer than heaven." Zeus nodded then let out a chuckle, "Heaven only has one God and mortal souls, we have numerous deities." Zeus glanced at Mel then looked back at Max and smiled.

--

Zeus stood arms crossed, in front of his brother who sat in his underworld throne. "Why am I here exactly?" "I can't just see my brother? Talk to him about life or...death." Hades laughed. "I don't have all day." Hades smiled, "You know me too well Zeusy." Hades crossed his legs, "Karras, you did see him today, correct? Sorry I couldn't make it...I wasn't invited." Zeus rolled his eyes, "Yes, he was. Nearly every deity was there. Even a couple underworld dwellers." This got Hades attention, "Oh? Like who? No one I know of went there. It's too bright for their eyes." Hades chuckled. "Oh, I recall seeing Melinoe. She looks well. Enjoyed herself, talking to Karras." Hades rose from the throne, "What're you insinuating?" Zeus shrugged, "Aphrodite seems to like them together." Hades was angry but tried to play it cool, "'Dite thinks everyone belongs together." "That all brother?"

Hades got closer to Zeus, "Is it true? His power?
"Prophecy doesn't lie." Hades nodded and started wondering what he should do next. "Just don't go near my kingdom. We all know of your plans." Zeus walked away. "I'll save Olympus for last brother." "Just know there is only one king." Zeus disappeared with a bolt of lightning. "And that's me." Hades eyes lit up in a shade of light blue. "Karras, meet my deadly pooch. The first of many of my loyal subjects."