Family

Max looked at his daughter who was now a little over a year old. She was playing with Gwen and was about to put play doh in her mouth. "No, baby girl." Max went over to Lydia and gently took the play doh from her hand. Lydia looked at him confused. "It doesn't taste good, Lydi." Gwen giggled, "Why do babies try to eat everything?" "I don't know they're curious." Lydia sneezed and sent the play doh in Max's hand flying up into the air, sticking to the ceiling. Mel entered laughing, "Did she just do that?" "Yeah", Max said looking up at the ceiling. "I don't know if that'll come down so easily." Mel made her way over to Lydia, "What are you doing baby girl?", she said in her cutesy, baby voice. She picked her up and kissed her cheek. "I hope she's not getting sick." Mel felt Lydi's forehead, "No, she's okay I think. Huh, Lydi?" "She can't be sneezing stuff across the park." "Yeah, that would definitely raise a few eyebrows." "Wonder if mom has any tips on magical baby powers." Lydia began fussing, "I know, you're hungry. Let's do lunch." Max kissed his daughter's cheek. "You got to go to work?" Max nodded, "Yeah. But I'll see you two for dinner." Mel made her way to the door, "Well see you later husband." "Later, wifey." Gwen looked up at Max, "I like her." "Yeah, me too." He offered her his hand, "Come on, let's see what the girls are up to." Gwen took his hand and got up. "Okay."

Gwen and Max made their way down the stairs. Zoe met the two at the bottom of the staircase. "What're you girls up to?" "About to start a lesson. Gwen you wanna help?" "Uh huh!" The excited girl ran off with Zoe. Cordelia started making her way down the stairs. "Hey mom." She stumbled a bit, grabbing the hand rail. Max held her up, "You alright?" "Just a bit tired I suppose." "Come on, I'll take you to your room." 

Max sat next to his mother on her bed, "Are you okay?" "I'll be fine." Max knew something was wrong, "Not another supreme rising already?" She placed a hand on his arm, "Sweetie, I'm not dead." "But you're getting weaker." He knows how this works. The new supreme rises and gets more powerful as the current supreme fades. His mother was still too young to fade away. "It's okay, this is how it works." "So you just have to die young?" Cordelia shook her head, "No. I've read that not every supreme slowly dies just because another one is becoming powerful. I'll just be less powerful." "I didn't know that." She took his hand, "It'll be okay. I'll be okay. I had to identify my successor at some point." Max nodded. She was right about that. He was worried she was telling him a little lie just so he didn't worry. "Who do you think it is?" Cordelia thought for a moment. "Not positive but could be Mallory. She's very talented." "Yes, she is remarkable." 

Cordelia looked into his eyes, she knew he was still a bit bothered. "I just need you to remember, all that matters is family. We've always protected each other." "Darn right. I won't let you die any time soon. It's not just me who needs you." She smiled, "I'm so proud of you." Max smiled. Cordelia tapped his knee, "You need to go to work don't you?" "Oh, yeah." Max had almost forgotten his shift at the fire station. Max hugged Cordelia then made his way to the door. "See you at dinner?" Delia nodded, "You bet." "I love you mom." "I love you too, Max." "See you later." Delia smiled. 

Max and Mel snuggled up to each other in their apartment bed. Mel noticed Max staring off into space, "What's wrong?" "Oh. I'm just worried about my mother." "She okay?" "She's getting weaker. That means a new supreme is rising." Mel looked at him, "Does that mean..." "She's fading. She told me she would just get less powerful but I don't know if that's true." Mel kissed his arm. "Maybe she's telling you the truth." "Maybe." "Even if she's lying Max..." "You want me to accept her dying?" "Max, just listen to me. Your mother can always come back even if she did die.  If not with magic, I got underworld connections." "But wouldn't she come back as a weak woman?" "No. You're not the only one who knows powerful people, savior." He held her closer, "I knew marrying you was a great decision." "Marrying the ghost goddess comes with perks." The two giggled. "At least you still got your goddess duties. I kept Hades at bay all because I could hurt him by touching him or use my powers. Like, what else am I good for?" "You want to rule Olympus?" "No. Not really. I just feel like I need to do something, I guess." 

Mel thought for a moment, "Well, if Theos is ruling Olympus. Why not be the new Theos? Or something." "You think I'd be good at that?" She nodded, "Yeah. Our daughter's going to need your guidance too. She's not really taking after me. No ghosts surrounding her or any dark crap like that." Max thought for a moment, "You really think I could teach deities and guide them as they figure out who they are?" "Yeah, honey you're pretty amazing." "Thanks. You're amazing too." He looked up at the ceiling a bit surprised and then got excited. "Wow, you're excited." "Yeah!" Max kissed her.