A New King

Max slowly got up off the ground. Hades saw Karras, his eyes widened, "How? I mean, you of all people? How were you made the savior? A witch and a father, only a demi-god?! "It's like what they say, prophecy doesn't lie, H." Karras grabbed the underworld king's arm and shoved him up against the wall. The underworld god's skin started to sizzle, "Mm! Karras?! You can...that's impossible!" "Apparently not." Max twisted the god's arm, "It's over." "No, it's not." "Hm, I wonder..." Max's hand ignited in flames, he grabbed the evil deity's neck. His flesh started to burn, Hades started to scream. "Stop! Stop!" Max removed his hand, the flames disappeared. "Your creatures are tired and you have nothing, Hades." Hades breathed deeply, "What are you going to do Karras?" "I think you know you're plan is done. You'll stay in the underworld and I'll not torture or imprison you. Stay in your kingdom and we won't have any problems." Max took a couple steps back. Hades looked at Karras in disbelief.

Mel ran up to Max and embraced him outside the gates to the underworld. "Max..." "I'm alright. Tired but alright." Mel released her embrace. She noticed his shirt had a charred hole in it and black marks on his chest. "No one's ever survived his death curse." "Well..." Max shrugged. "My father?" "I don't think he'll bother anyone anymore." Mel hugged him again, "God, I love you." 

Max entered the academy, his fiancée and father following behind. Cordelia embraced him, tears in her eyes. "You did it." "Everything's okay." "Yes, everything is okay." Theos appeared in the room, "Sorry, I should knock." "It's alright Theos." "Congratulations my boy." "Thanks. I didn't do it alone. We know some great beings." Theos chuckled, "Max, I think we should go to Olympus. We still have things to deal with." Max nodded, "Of course. I'll be right back guys." He gave Mel a peck on the cheek and the two gods disappeared.

Theos and Max appeared in the clouds of Olympus where many deities were gathered. Zeus sat in a chair while everyone else stood around him. "They've made it clear that they do not want Zeus to be their king", Theos said. Theos and Max made their way through the crowd and looked at Zeus. "Have anything to say for yourself?" Zeus looked at the two gods, "An evil force was in my head. It was telling me to kill Karras." "Are you sure that wasn't your own thoughts Zeus? You haven't liked Max since you've met him. You've always been paranoid he was here to take your throne. It's your actions that have led to the loss of your own throne." Zeus laughed, "Yet my brother still lives and still possesses his kingdom?" Max chimed in, "Hades is the only ruler of the underworld and he cannot be killed, genius. He keeps the dead in one place." "I never thought the savior would spare the underworld king and lie with his daughter." "He was punished and continues to be in that he is without his wife. Just like you are being punished right now." 

Max looked at Theos then at Zeus, "Somebody get him out of here." "I got you, M!" Poseidon approached Zeus and took him by the arm. "Thanks, P." Poseidon and Zeus disappeared. "We need a new king", Theos said. Max looked at Theos, "You have led and guided me. Do it for all of these deities." "Max..." "I don't know the first thing about being a king of deities or a king of anything for that matter. I got a little girl to raise too. I'll always be the savior, Theo. You deserve it, if anyone deserves it, it's you." Theos slowly nodded, "If they'll have me." Karras faced the crowd, "What do you think, friends? Theos as your new king?" Everybody cheered. Max patted Theos on the back. Theos was in shock for a moment then smiled.