He Knows

Derek and Max sat next to each other at the kitchen table drinking coffee. "You don't have to worry about anything. If they're planning anything, I'll know, and we can prepare." Max nodded, "When does this all end? Or does it?" Derek put a hand on Max's back, "Max, nobody knows the answer to that. I won't lie to you. Good vs. evil, Olympus vs. underworld, it's been going on for years. Heck, you know that! Growing up with your mother." Max took a sip of his coffee, "I understand that. You think we can actually stop Hades?" Derek nodded, "You're the savior god. It's your destiny." Max felt the pressure; he couldn't even kill all of those hellish creatures by himself. He needed his father's and Mel's help. Derek put an arm around his son, "Don't worry. You're new to all of this and you're learning quickly." Max nodded as his father tapped him on the shoulder, "I got to leave. I'll see you soon."

--

Cordelia entered Gwen's bedroom where Max and the little girl were fiddling with some playdoh. "I can't believe it..." "I know, he's here. Sucks he had to leave again." Gwen started rolling her playdoh into a ball, "I like your daddy. He's nice." Max smiled, "Yeah, he is nice huh?" Mel came into the room, she looked worried. "Are you okay?" Mel shook her head, "I'm being called to the underworld." She pointed at her head, "There's a buzzing. Only I can hear it. What do I do?" "Can you ignore it?" "No! They're already suspicious!" Max handed Gwen a container of playdoh, "Lie then. You did it last time." Mel closed her eyes for a second, focusing, "Oh, it's my mother. I hope this isn't some sort of trick." "If you're not back in twenty, I'm coming to get you." Mel disappeared in a blink.

--

Mel walked over to her mother, who wore a black flowing gown. "Darling, it's been too long." Persephone hugged her daughter. "Your father knows, Mellie. He knows your ghosts have his subjects." Mel's eyes widened, "He for sure knows?" Persephone nodded and touched her daughter's face gently. "Melinoe, if you wish to leave the underworld, you need to do it now." Mel looked at her mother a bit concerned. "What about you?" "I'll still see you. I'm only here for a short time each year. You have a choice, a choice I never had." Mel nodded, "It's weird...this doesn't feel like home anymore." A couple of tears trickled down Mel's face. Persephone wiped her Mellie's tears. "Mel, it won't be easy but do what is right." The mother and daughter hugged. "Be careful." "You too mother." Mel disappeared in a blink.

--

Mel approached Max in the living room and hugged him. "Are you alright?" "He knows I'm not on his side." Mel looked into his eyes, "He knows those ghosts are my doing." Max kissed her cheek, "We'll be fine. He can't hurt you." Delia entered, "Hades can't teleport you out of New Orleans under the protection spell. I enchanted Robichaux's as well." "Thanks Cordelia." Mel took Max's hand, "Sorry this had to happen now. Your father comes back into your life while mine gets angrier." "It's not your fault. It's all a part of the good vs. evil thing or something." "Hm...I've always been associated with evil growing up." She chuckled.